Who will make the first iPhone game pad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fluff, Jun 12, 2009.

1. fluff macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

With the access to the dock connector, who do you think will make the first game pad with joysticks and buttons? Also, who will develop games for it. It seems like if someone comes out with one good controller and gets developers on board to develop games for it, they could corner the market...

I can't wait to see what develops...

Thoughts?

2. moka macrumors 6502a

not sure, but im sure someone is going to make a physical keyboard using this if possible.

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

A game pad cradle with a bigger battery would be good for long gaming sessions :)

4. w00master macrumors 65816

The problem with the physical keyboard is that Apple never released the drivers & APIs for the iPhone/iPod Touch keyboard. So, while it may be possible (and likely) that a physical keyboard will come out for an existing app, it will not work system-wide.

w00master

5. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Yah they could get it working in there app but probably not system wide. I'd love to see the ability to bluetooth pair with an apple keyboard.

6. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

I would real rather not have the iPhone turn into the next PSP or DS. Why can't people be content with simple games we have now?