Who will only buy an iPhone with the $200 subsidy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, May 3, 2008.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    ME!!!

At least at this point in my life. I am, sadly, a poor college student and therefore do not have the current financial freedom to buy my dream phone. But if this $200 subsidy is true, I will jump out there in an instant to buy a $199 iPhone!!

Although I am wondering, since this subsidy is still but a rumor at this point, what if the subsidy is NOT on the NEW iPhones but only on the OLD iPhones ,whether it be permanently or only to clean out their old stock.

Is this possible?

What would you buy then? I'd probably be really, really sad, and then buy the old iPhone, and then get really, really happy, because I'll remember how awesome it is!! :D

2. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I am too !!! Just gotta wait until November till my Verizon contract expires. AGHHGHH!!!!

3. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

If this is true, I'll sell/give to family member my 2-month old iPhone and buy a new one.

Also, if Apple does do this. The resale value of 1g iPhone goes down like crazy.

4. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

Well it depends on what the phone's features are. If it's not competitive then I'm not getting it regardless of the subsidy involved.

5. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

I was, and still am, fully prepared to buy without the subsidy. If they do offer the $200, that's just (a tad) more $$ in my pocket. :)

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

1 GB iPhone? :confused:

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I'm sure he meant first gen iPhone

8. g8bo macrumors member

g8bo

if only switzerland would get the official iphone to sell (with a nice provider)!

mh.. 200 bucks? this would be about 200 swiss francs^^ unrealistic for us...

9. Theatrics macrumors member

I'll be getting it, subsidy or not. I missed out on the first iPhone because my stupid t-mobile contract. That ends in June, which is right on time for WWDC and hopefully a updated 3G iphone. :D

10. g8bo macrumors member

g8bo

11. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

12. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Just had to clear this up in my head myself.

http://gizmodo.com/385429/atts-3g-ip...99-this-summer

Engadget:

Engadget

UniCorn iPhone ftw...

13. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

No, because I wouldn't sign up for AT&T either, can't justify committing to a $1440 contract and then paying an additional $200 for the phone.

If I ever have $500 burning in my pocket I might consider the 2G phone with T-Mobile, but that'll mean paying extra for internet, which ultimately comes down to it being an overly expensive toy. Then again I don't really use my phone for anything except for business and the occasional personal call, so...

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Who wouldnt get one if they offer a deal like that? They'd sell tons of them.

15. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I'm realy hoping they subsidize. It will most likely be a deal breaker for me, but then i might just get a 1G refurb.