Who will queue for the iPad outside Regent St Store London UK?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jeopardy2311, May 25, 2010.

1. jeopardy2311 macrumors regular

I just started thinking of queuing but i dont know when to go and if there will be enough supply for the people waiting! what time do you think will be a good time to go?! I am planning on being there around 4 am but i find it weird. I never queued for any product before but i really need the iPad on friday or else ill have to wait for some day in June. and i want to purchase the ipad 3G 32GB but if it was sold out ill buy the 64GB 3G that's if it was still available.
    Anyway, what do you guys think???!
    thanks

2. PigA macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'll be there, I'm thinking of getting there around 05-05:30. I'm after the same 3G 32 gig one, but if it feels like there's no point waiting I'll go to one of the Dixons and try my luck there instead.

3. jeopardy2311 thread starter macrumors regular

finally at least someone replied. thank u.
    i dont know if i will be looking at other stores. i just hope that i can get one on friday. it seems there will be loads of people! lets hope apple have enough stock!!!!

4. synagence macrumors 6502a

If its anything like the past iPhone launches (not talking regent street here) then queues started to form around 4am ... i know i arrived at about 5:30 for the 3G and 3GS and were 3rd in line on both occasions and by the time the stores opened the queue was well over 100 deep

5. CWT1965 macrumors 6502

I am making my way to Regent St tomorrow lunchtime to see activity there, if there are queues forming already I will join then if not I will wander around London and join the queue about 8pm after dinner

6. nwlondonlad macrumors 6502a

nwlondonlad

Regent Street 6am.
    I'm going for the 32gig 3g but if that's gone then 64gig 3g.

There is also a Currys/Dixon on Tottenham court road and a massive PC world on Warren St as a Plan B

7. nwlondonlad macrumors 6502a

nwlondonlad

I remember walking into Regent st 8pm launch date for first Iphone and they had tons in.

Then again that model didn't sell too well and i think it was unsubsidised

Apple staff were standing in a line at the entrance both to the right and left clapping and screaming as u walked in. :eek:

8. joeallenpro macrumors newbie

Hey I'm planning on arriving at the store at about 7:30 / 8:00 - I'm wondering if they will still have any 16GB 3G models left because it looks like I'll be at the back of a very long line!

9. synagence macrumors 6502a

True but if any Apple store in the UK is going to get the lions share of the available stock it'll be that one ... its the flagship store...

10. lilivanilli macrumors newbie

Don't be silly

On the release day in the flagship store in NYC they sold 7200 iPad 2s. So stop being silly and talk about that they might have 120 in stock. Remember, there are as many people living in London as in New York.

11. nwlondonlad macrumors 6502a

nwlondonlad

:confused::confused::confused:

Dude what are you talking about? This was a thread for the first ipad launch. Good memories.

12. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Good point. Also people need to remember that supplies of the 3G model in Europe isn't bifurcated like it is in the U.S. so no worries about getting to the front of the line to find your carrier's model isn't available. Many buyer's in the U.S. waited only to be told that ATT was sold out while VZW was still available.