Who will sell current iPhone before iPhone 3G is out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jciapara, May 8, 2008.

  1. jciapara macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2008
    #1
    Hey I'm planning on selling my current 8GB iPhone, before the release of the new 3G iPhone to get a better price than I would if I sell it after the release (price drop maybe?), and then use the money to buy the 3G one. How many of you guys are thinking of doing the same?, I think it would be the best to get a good value for iPhone, even if that means living 1+ Month without one. post your thoughts on this
     
  2. sananda macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    May 24, 2007
    #2
    sold mine a couple of weeks ago. i think it was a mistake because i now don't like being without my iphone. all just to make sure i saved a few pounds.
     
  3. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2007
    Location:
    US
    #3
    Definitely selling my ipod touch to get one of those babies !
     
  4. benlee macrumors 65816

    benlee

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2007
    #4
    What do you think the resale value will be after the 3G comes out?

    I will not sell mine before b/c I dont have a backup phone. Then I'll probably wait a little after the 3G comes out to make sure there are no problems and then go ahead and buy it. then I'll just use my old phone as a backup/ ipod or give it to my bro.
     
  5. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2007
    #5
    i sold mine right before the price drop and then i went n brought another cos i couldnt do without it :-s so im gona wait til the 3g one coms out before i do nething this time
     
  6. TravisReynolds macrumors regular

    TravisReynolds

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2008
    Location:
    Seattle
    #6
    I'm just going to keep my iPhone for now.

    If theres nothing wrong, then theres no need to change it :)
     
  7. Auzburner macrumors 65816

    Auzburner

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2008
    Location:
    Syracuse, NY - USA
    #7
    I would like to, but I'm not sure exactly how to, and what type of steps I would need to take in order to ensure a valid sale, deactivate it and make enough to pay for a new one, or at least close to the price of the new one...
     
  8. jciapara thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2008
    #8
    yeah, I know there's nothing wrong, but I was thinking of upgrading to the 16GB, but I'll definitely prefer to wait to see what June brings. As of what the market value for the current 8GB used iPhone when the 3G one comes out will be, it depends if apple drops the price for the 2.5G or remains the same.
     
  9. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2008
    Location:
    Illinois
    #9
    I was going to...then I dropped it on cement and there's two dents on the top corners =(. Should have remembered to put it back in the case.
     
  10. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

    lindsayanng

    Joined:
    May 4, 2008
    Location:
    East Haven, CT
    #10
    I am getting an iphone because my contract with verizon was up and i NEEDED to order a new phone and get on with cingular.. I ordered the iphone, but they are SOLD OUT which means they arent going to ship mine till the end of the month, in the meantime i have a loaner which is GREAT because if they put out the NEW 3G iphone within 14 days of my shipping date (which is May 26) then i will be golden because i can just return within the limit and upgrade to the new one..

    it actually worked out quite nice having the apple store being sold out.
     
  11. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2008
    Location:
    Illinois
    #11
    I don't think it's going to come out June 9.
     
  12. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

    lindsayanng

    Joined:
    May 4, 2008
    Location:
    East Haven, CT
    #12
    if it doesnt, i really dont care.. it would just be nice is all i am saying. Its not even guaranteed its coming out in June at all! I got me free iphone gift cards in January.. everyone kept saying wait till march. So i waited and march came and went and there was no new iphone. SO i waited till now, when my verizon contract game me no choice but to get out now.. so i ordered it.. i was more surprised that both the Apple Store and the Apple Store online were sold out.. But ATT had pleanty.. I was SOO frustrated because my gift cards were for Apple,s o my hubby got one and i had to order mine and wait.
     
  13. newyorksole macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2008
    Location:
    New York.
    #13
    I have a 4GB 1st day iPhone and I am getting the new phone because

    1. I need more storage for those apps
    2. 3G !!!
    3. It's a new phone !!!!
     
  14. D3lta macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2008
    Location:
    Cupertino, California
    #14
    I'll be selling my 8GB iPhone for a new 3G iPhone. As soon as they announce it, officialy, I'll sell my current one.
     
  15. LxTxNx macrumors 6502

    LxTxNx

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2007
    #15
    I sold my old one yesterday for $400 dollars... I sold it with a Agent 18 Case and :apple:Care. I had recently had it swapped at the Apple Store for a "new" one... lol
     
  16. marksubishi macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2008
    Location:
    Toronto
    #16
    I sold mine today for 420$, which included a pre-applied sheet for the screen and an Incase White Slider case for the iPhone.

    Now that iPhone is coming to Canada (though not 100% sure when exactly), the smart move would be to sell it now to at least break even (I did), save it, then when the newer model comes out obtain that one.

    I am still unaware which one Rogers will release, but I am going to the US regardless again and picking up my first generation model as I did for the iPhone =)
     
  17. LowMach macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2008
    #17
    Waiting until the new one hits then i'll sell my 8 gig. Hopefully for the $250 I paid for it.

    I would rather not be without my phone in the mean time.
     
  18. enklined macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2007
    Location:
    Sacramento
    #18
    Sold my iDay 8gb for $300 the other day. Using my w810i as a backup and waiting for the 3G iPhone.

    Weeeee!
     
  19. stagi macrumors 65816

    stagi

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2006
    #19
    I think I will sell mine soon (8GB) and get a 16GB 3G when they are out. :D
     

Share This Page