Who Wishes the 6 Had Landscape Mode?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhoney Baloney, Sep 20, 2014.

1. iPhoney Baloney macrumors member

iPhoney Baloney

After I picked up my iPhone 6 at the Apple store yesterday I spent a few minutes with the 6 Plus. I have to say besides the larger screen one of the nicest features of the Plus was the Home Screen Landscape Mode a la the iPad.
    Was pretty cool watching those icons turn on a phone screen. Does anyone think that might be a future iOS enhancement for the 6?

2. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Yeah, I wish it had landscape mode too. I would consoder buying the 6 instead of 6+.

3. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Peanut207

Nah don't need it. The 6's screen is fine the way it is. I have my iPad air if I desire split screen landscape for certain apps.

4. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Looking for a way to turn it off on my plus. Lol

5. mkflyfish macrumors member

mkflyfish

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Feel exactly the same. That specific feature on a smartphone I do not need.

7. Ryanoko macrumors newbie

Ryanoko

All I want on the 6 is contact images on the messages app, it looks way too plain with just the name of the sender and message preview, the message list needs some colour!

8. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Don't need.

But certainly would like ;)

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Agreed! In fact I've always wanted a landscape mode on the iPhone, ever since I first saw it on the iPad. And why doesn't the iPhone rotate upside down? That really seems like a no-brainer to enable that.

10. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Would definitely like this. I often use safari in landscape mode and it would be nice to hit the home button and see the home screen in landscape. Not a huge deal, but then not sure why apple wouldn't give us this as an option at the very least.

11. tbone7467 macrumors regular

I agree landscape mode would be awesome. that is one of the major reasons it made it so hard to make a decision between both phones. we should start a petition to get this feature on both versions of the 6.

12. bob24 macrumors 6502

Not only the 6, but the 5 and the 4S could also use this.

I have always found it a bit annoying that when I am using applications which are designed to work in landscape orientation and for some reason need to go to the home screen or the setting to change something, I have to turn the phone.

While it probably makes even more sense on the 6 Plus, I suspect Apple decided to make it an exclusivity purely for marketing reasons.

13. macduke Suspended

macduke

Yeah, the iPad-like features factored heavily into my purchase of the 6 Plus (aka iPad Nano). A 5" or 5.2" iPhone 7 Plus with reduced bezels all the way around would be nearly perfect, IMO. I think Apple should do something like this for the next redesign, which would include reduced bezels so that the 4.2" device is nearly the same size as the 5S but much thinner:

• 4.2" iPhone 7 Mini
    • 5" iPhone 7
    • 5.8" iPhone 7 Plus

My wife would camp out to get a smaller iPhone. She's not sure what she's going to do when her iPhone 5 is no longer supported. I suppose at that time we could get her a 5S, but that's only going to buy us another year at that point. Hopefully Apple at least keeps around C models that are 4".

14. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

It would be nice when watching a video or playing a landscape game to be able to jump to the home screen navigate between pages in a consistent form. Even if all they did was rotate the icons and nothing else.

15. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

I would like the 6 to have the landscape option, seems like something that should of been available a long time ago.

Differentiate the products I guess..

16. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I'm in a different boat. The fact that all the icons did was rotate was kind of disappointing. It literally isn't a prerequisite of a larger screen, except that Apple made it that way. The space isn't utilized any differently.

I thought I would be excited about it. Instead it just kind of... is.

17. Bobo03 macrumors regular

I agree. Apple and reviewers talked it up like it was special.