Who wishes they didn't read these threads?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheSpaz, Sep 15, 2007.

?

What is your feeling towards reading the negative and positive iPod Touch Reviews?

1. I'm really pissed off about all of this negative info!

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. I'm glad I know about this stuff now, so I know what to look for.

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. I don't care either way, I just want it.

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I'm still waiting for my iPod Touch to get here in the mail which seems like it's taking forever because so many other people are just going to the store and getting them sooner than those of us that "pre-ordered" them just to have to wait longer than everyone else. Anyways, while I'm waiting, I read the threads to check out people who have them and basic stuff about them that is not necessarily on Apple's website. A few things I've learned by reading these threads on MacRumors.

1. The iPod Touch has a problem with the screen. Apparently the blacks are the wrong color unless you look at it a certain way and it's annoying some people.
    2. The sound quality is worse than the previous iPods with a noticeable hissing sound in the background.
    3. Can't edit the calendar on the iPod Touch.
    4. The headphone jack has been confirmed to be NOT RECESSED like the iPhone, so any headphones with a 1/8th inch jack should fit fine.
    5. People who pre-ordered (like me) are still waiting for them to be shipped while a lot of stores are already getting theirs!
    6. We're all tired of waiting

A lot of these issues and stuff kinda make me wish I didn't read this thread and instead just waited patiently for my iPod Touch and then maybe I wouldn't be worried that I'm gonna get a "bad" one and now that I have the knowledge of the problems I'm probably gonna find myself "looking" for them and that's gonna make me even more mad if I notice it. However, it could be the complete opposite... some people are saying their iPods sound perfect and look perfect and there's no problems. I could very well get mine and say "What is everyone talking about, this is the coolest thing ever and I'm glad I waited to get a good one".

How many people wish they didn't read these threads and would have rather just waited to experience it for real on your own to make your own assessments about it?

2. telf22 macrumors regular

i wish i didnt. there's so many here who notice all these little things and now i am starting to notice them aswell. the screen issue is really annoying.

3. rmh macrumors regular

reading negative threads doesnt really bother me, because I don't suffer from all of the problems other people, but its good to know I'm not the only one with the problems that I do have. The only problems I've had so far are the black colors in the videosnamd a few specks on the display. Maybe if enough people have the problem Apple will do something about it.

4. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Talk about reality distortion field!

What forum posters think: The iPod Touch is a cheaply made media player with crappy audio, a screen with messed up colors, slow WiFi, terrible earbuds, and crippled apps.
    Reality: The iPod Touch is an incredible media player with multi-touch, a blazing fast browser, great video, compact design, and cool extra apps.

If you're thinking of getting a Touch, don't be persuaded by negative posts.

5. WILLDOGS macrumors regular

My second day with the touch and I LOVE IT. NO COMPLAINTS! Stop being so negative

6. rmh macrumors regular

Well, its far from perfect, but the pros do outweigh the cons. So if you think you want one, go for it. If you really get bothered by the small problems then return it and go for something else. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it once you have one in your hands.