Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
They have a phone number you know. Why on earth would any Apple employee want to get into a one on one support chat with some random dude? They do that ALL DAY for a paycheck. Get real.

Flhusky

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Florida
Apple does not allow their employees to have MacRumors accounts.

I still think that either arn or one of the 6502s is Steve Jobs, though.
Perhaps once he gets some of the upgrades in place he will post a snipit of the weblogs showing who is visiting?

umop apisdn

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2008
Essex, UK
Thats silly, im sure 80% of them do have accounts but just dont anounce they are apple employee's or use false names so they cant be tracked.

I used to work for Apple up to earlier this year, about half the people I worked with would read macrumors. Most of them had accounts but would never use them in the back of house area.

We'd find out more about whats going on using macrumors than being told about when we would turn up at work..

born4sky

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2008
What a such a big deal? why you cant read it I understand if they ban answers to some questions...but why you can't read it???

mullman

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
NC
I used to work for Apple up to earlier this year, about half the people I worked with would read macrumors. Most of them had accounts but would never use them in the back of house area.

+1, used to be an engineer for :apple: (non-contractor)

Honestly we were too busy working to log into the online forums and see what was happening. :)

For personal service, why not make an apt at your local Genius Bar?

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
Even if you work at an Apple store, you aren't suppose to read the forums.

But, as long as you never use your full name, or just don't be blatant about who you are, nothing is stopping you from posting. Just lie and say your location is 5 states away from where you are :)

mrwilmoth

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
I just want some information on a apple retail store operator. not an upgrade, discount or anything on that statue.

albeli

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Here
im not looking for tech support. im asking about the job itself. interested on the hiring process and pay.

I used to date someone who does support for Apple, based out of Austin. I'm still in contact with him, but I probably won't ask him about this because he gets weird whenever I ask too many questions about Apple--it's like he works for the government with top secret clearance or something. :rolleyes:

From what I remember when he was going through the hire process (this was in 2000 or so, when we were still together), he needed to read a ton of manuals for different products because he was tested on how well he knew each (hardware as well as software), and there was a pretty intensive hiring process overall. He still has to read tons of manuals.

He still works there, but doesn't really care for it. Lots of getting yelled at over the phone by people who lost their activation keys, etc. He doesn't like being tied to a computer and phone all day. The pay is ok, and there are benefits such as stocks which allowed himt o purchase a house and car (cashed some in for the down payment on the house and to pay for the car in full). But I'll be honest, he doesn't really like his job.

Shotgun Pete

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada
I work for Apple tech support, but they are closing down my site in September so im not too worried. The biggest thing is all of the forms you need to sign.

I remember signing about 50 pages of confidentiality agreements, background checks etc.

Then another 50 or so saying that I will not discuss the hiring process with friends or family.

We are also banned from using facebook too though yet everyone still has an account, so being macrumors banned doesnt really mean all that much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.