Who works or has worked for Three?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 0dev, Oct 10, 2012.

1. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

I'm waiting to hear from an application I made for a job at a Three Store. I tried searching online for more information about them but haven't been able to find anything, possibly because if you type "Three" followed by anything in Google it shows you every page with the number three in it...

Anyways, can anyone with experience working for Three Stores give me some information and advice? What kind of things do they ask in interviews? Should I show up in a full suit? Do you have any tips to help me do the job well? If I get the job this would be the first time I've worked in retail, so if anyone has any general retail tips that would also be very useful.

As a sidenote, their website says that everyone who works for them gets a phone and a dongle. Would this be a phone of my choice? An iPhone 5 perhaps? :p

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me :)

2. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

You're not finding anything because anyone who can is dead or unable to express their opinion without repercussions.

3. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

Hey now, this isn't Foxconn! :p

4. Killa k macrumors newbie

No don't turn up on a suite lol, and yes u will get a dongle and and a phone, which the three pay for your bills:) but u won't get an iPhone 5

5. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

What should I wear to the interview, is it more casual? That's what it says on their site.

They'll pay my bills? Sounds good to me! What type of phones do they give out? :)

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Rule of thumb. Dress as there staff do as a minimum. Smart casual.

7. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

Smart casual sounds sensible, thanks :)

8. Killa k macrumors newbie

Just wear a shirt and trousers, yes they pay for your phone bills:)

9. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

It's an interview, where a suit. Make sure you take your CV and any certificates you have. Turn up early and when he or she asks you if you have any questions do not ask the following
    How many free minutes do I get.
    What free phone do I get.
    What about time off or other benifits.
    Instead ask him or her about the possibility for advancing your career.
    I have conducted many job interviews and this better than turning up casual. Also do some proper research so you can show you know about the company. Like for example if he or she asks you what do you know about the three mobile phone company?

10. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

Thanks, good advice. I've already done a bunch of research on the company.

11. Killa k macrumors newbie

Mate I'm telling you, don't wear a suit I work for three, do not wear a suite. Just wear a smart shirt and trousers. Do Some research on the company, and ask questions.

12. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

Would jeans be okay or should it be a bit more formal?

I just went over the site again and this page does say "We tend to wear whatever we feel comfortable in, so the person you're meeting may be dressed casually", so yeah I believe you.

What's the job like?

13. Killa k macrumors newbie

I wouldn't recommend jeans although our uniform is jeans, like I sed before just wear shirt and trousers with shoes. The jobs ok I've working there for 2 years im looking to so something different.