Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
The short version is I have a set of Gen-2 AirPods that aren't working right (some days I wake to find one of the AirPods completely dead (usually the right one, but now it's happening to the left one too) and I'm having serious issues getting the right one to connect). I've spoken to 8 different employees at the store, on chat and on the phone. And I still have a pair of AirPods that aren't working right.

I'm done with the normal avenues that keep leading me in circles. They're tried multiple times to help and haven't been able to. 8 customer service people is way past the limits of my patience. Does anyone know an email address I could sent a complaint to that is higher than the normal level of support? I'm not looking for Tim Cook's email (unless that's the best bet here). I'm just hoping to get in touch with someone higher up the food chain who will finally go the extra mile to make things right. Specifically, I'm demanding an entire new set of AirPods since the last time I tried the replacement route, they sent me a Gen-1 AirPod to replace my Gen-2. I'm done with the games and procedures and policies. I just want to complain to someone with enough clout to make things right.

So, does such an email exist? Any other ideas here how I can bypass the people who keep not helping me?

Reactions: Sikh

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I've heard this works.

"Hi, I've been in a few times about a pair of AirPods that keep failing. Was told that if it happened again I should ask to talk to a store manager, and well, it happened again"

Reactions: MEJHarrison

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
The short version is I have a set of Gen-2 AirPods that aren't working right (some days I wake to find one of the AirPods completely dead (usually the right one, but now it's happening to the left one too) and I'm having serious issues getting the right one to connect). I've spoken to 8 different employees at the store, on chat and on the phone. And I still have a pair of AirPods that aren't working right.

I'm done with the normal avenues that keep leading me in circles. They're tried multiple times to help and haven't been able to. 8 customer service people is way past the limits of my patience. Does anyone know an email address I could sent a complaint to that is higher than the normal level of support? I'm not looking for Tim Cook's email (unless that's the best bet here). I'm just hoping to get in touch with someone higher up the food chain who will finally go the extra mile to make things right. Specifically, I'm demanding an entire new set of AirPods since the last time I tried the replacement route, they sent me a Gen-1 AirPod to replace my Gen-2. I'm done with the games and procedures and policies. I just want to complain to someone with enough clout to make things right.

So, does such an email exist? Any other ideas here how I can bypass the people who keep not helping me?
Have you tried resetting them?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Are you in the United States? If so, call Apple Support and ask to speak with Customer Relations. They will help you.

Reactions: MEJHarrison

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Have you tried resetting them?

Sure. Multiple times. So did the genius at the Apple Store. All the little things have been done. They're a bad set of AirPods. They need replaced. And I can't get anyone to care enough to do that.

Are you in the United States? If so, call Apple Support and ask to speak with Customer Relations. They will help you.

Been there, done that, have had too many calls go well over an hour with no resolution. I'm done with Apple Support. I want to go to the next level up because I'm tired of dealing with Apple Support and getting nowhere. I've literally spoken to 8 different people at this point. From front-line people to Senior Advisers. They have all been wonderful people, no complaints there. But they're also not getting my issue resolved. I'm tired of wasting my time and energy and telling the whole story over and over and over. They had their chance to make things right. They failed. Repeatedly. I now want to go over their heads.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Sure. Multiple times. So did the genius at the Apple Store. All the little things have been done. They're a bad set of AirPods. They need replaced. And I can't get anyone to care enough to do that.

Been there, done that, have had too many calls go well over an hour with no resolution. I'm done with Apple Support. I want to go to the next level up because I'm tired of dealing with Apple Support and getting nowhere. I've literally spoken to 8 different people at this point. From front-line people to Senior Advisers. They have all been wonderful people, no complaints there. But they're also not getting my issue resolved. I'm tired of wasting my time and energy and telling the whole story over and over and over. They had their chance to make things right. They failed. Repeatedly. I now want to go over their heads.
Like I said, ask for Customer Relations. They are not support. They are in direct connection to the Executive Office of Tim Cook. I've had multiple phones and computers replaced, brand new, by them. They are definitely not support.

MEJHarrison

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Like I said, ask for Customer Relations. They are not support. They are in direct connection to the Executive Office of Tim Cook. I've had multiple phones and computers replaced, brand new, by them. They are definitely not support.

Sorry, guess I missed that the first time around. Great advice! I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks again!

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Are they under warranty still? If they can't fix them, they should replace them. You can also talk to your credit card company to see if you have a case to dispute the charge as they aren't honoring the warranty.

If you're out of warranty, then you'll need to try another course of action.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
This is the correct answer. CR is more like marketing for customer support. They work directly with experts and corporate.

That's where to go. There's a good chance you'll get a "customer satisfaction" replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.