Who would love these applications/suites in the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZebraineZ, Mar 19, 2009.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

This is some things that would make the iPhone just go around in virtual circles around the phones :)

- The all exclusive(?) iLife mobile suite for the iPhone. Create basic movies (and that being said, hopefully iphone gets video recording, maybe it would be inside the app, who knows) which would be called iMovie mobile. Edit and retouch pictures in iPhoto mobile. Create a basic webpage layout and upload it through mobileme (hehe).

- If there is an hardware upgrade, let there even be a iWork mobile suite.
    Make reports and letters in Pages mobile, with hundreds of iphone friendly templates, and edit and export/import word files in. Numbers mobile will make spreadsheets and databases on the computer a thing in the past, by putting in all your organizers into spreadsheets and being able to edit almost any type including Excel, this will make you able to keep track of your monthly spending even on the go. Keynote mobile will make you able to make impressive slideshows right from your phone, and able to wireless showcase them to a projector (theoretically speaking) and be able to use the built-in keynote remote app, you will impress your boss right from your phone without the need of a bulky laptop.

- iChat for the iphone. Be able to chat on mobileme and aim, with all your friends and be able to check your chat history, send any file, have audio and video chats, and even the use of the conference feature from the phone app, into iChat to make it the center of communication in the bussiness world (would be MUCH better if there was a camera on the front, hence the hardware upgrade).

- PHOTOBOOTH!!!! Take away the stupid camera app and photos app, and put the photobooth in that we all just LOVE. No more going to the apple store and taking those wierd pictures with your cousins, now you can take pictures, record videos and search your pictures/videos in a timeline view right from your phone! And get this. THERE ARE EVEN THOUSANDS OF EFFECTS TO CHOOSE FROM! You can even zoom in/out, set timers, and a shake to 'retake' picture (bleh).

- You can now share your DRM free music right from phone to anyone you want with the new iPod sharing feature. Over your EDGE/3G network, over bluetooth, over wifi, and hey maybe even from your phone to other computers! Sharing your music with others have never been this easy.

Well that is pretty much all I can think of right now....since they are pretty big and all but I would just love the fact of this. It would almost make me not jailbreak at all.

So what do you guys think?
    This can pretty much make PC users know the true expirience of a mac.

2. deetsnai macrumors newbie

:rolleyes: These are not new ideas. All of this requires more CPU power, more RAM, more pixels, and a more efficient battery to run it all.

That being said, it's only a matter of time until Microsoft or Apple comes out with a word processor and spreadsheet application.

3. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

cough* that is why I mentioned hardware upgrade cough* but the photobooth app shouldn't be too hard now... cough*

4. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

Honestly, the only one of those that will be a reality is iWork for iPhone. Parts of iLife may find their way to the iPhone (a few parts already have, such as uploading photos to MobileMe) but I am not too sure about movie editing.

As far as sharing DRM music, really? That is just asking for trouble from the recording companies. If that was ever brought up the RC would just refuse to supply DRM free music for iTunes.

Edit:
    Totally forgot about the iChat and Photo Booth apps. These I am sure we will see something similar in the future.

5. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

I said DRM free music...sigh...I would seriously love a Photobooth, iChat and iPhoto :( I am all about photography. I wouldn't really care about iWork but I might as well have put it up there since some people don't like having there macbooks at college so all they do is take there phone and write away...

6. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

I knew you said DRM free, that was a typo on my part. But I was referring to DRM free music in the response.