Who you like to be next CEO for apple if Tim Cook no belong

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by ipadpro, Jun 25, 2015.

1. ipadpro macrumors 6502a

ipadpro

if one day TIM COOK retire who will be next Ceo for apple ????

i wish craig be next - he look so pro

2. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

4. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Williams. I think svp of operations is a natural path to CEO, especially for a product manufacturer.

5. Tech198 macrumors G4

someone that can provide a rock solid music streaming service..

Ive seems to be on the ball.

6. jblagden macrumors 65816

jblagden

Operations SVP? Tried that. Didn't work.

Just look at the products, particularly the Macs, released during Cook's time. Look at how they're largely non-upgradable and non-repairable. He's doing what's best for the company and shareholders (short-term) instead of what's best for the customers (long term).

We don't need an operations guy as CEO. We need someone who actually cares about the customer experience. And I mean that seriously, not like a snowflake. Look at how repairable and upgradable the old Macs were and contrast that with the current Macs. Making them non-upgradable means that once someone needs a bigger SSD or more RAM, they have to buy a new computer. Making them non-repairable means that when a part fails, the whole computer has to be replaced. Who does that benefit? The company, of course!

7. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

More and more, it benefits HP, Dell, Lenovo and the others who make expandable and repairable systems.

8. jblagden macrumors 65816

jblagden

That’s very true. Though unfortunately, there are some folks who continue to buy new Macs. The “Apple Faithful” will likely keep buying Macs for years to come. But if Apple never turns around, it’ll be interesting to see how long it will take for Apple to give up on the Mac line. But yeah, Apple’s current Mac lines benefit other companies by making expandability and repairability impossible on Macs. I’ve heard of a number of Mac users switching over Dell XPS laptops, and a year ago or so, Dell actually sold a “Developer Edition” 13” XPS which had Ubuntu pre-installed, which is pretty cool.

9. Bart Kela macrumors 6502a

Bart Kela