Whoa 6 Hours of Life?! ...sorta

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sukanas, Oct 27, 2008.

1. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

well not to be taken seriuosly
    when i woke my computer, i got 6+ hours
    but of course once i started typing and surfing, it went down to 4\\

Attached Files:

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

3. sukanas thread starter macrumors 6502a

sukanas

pics or it didnt happen;)
    .....jk

4. Kane.Elson macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) Dopod838Pro)

I read a post where someone got about 6 hours of usage with wifi and stuff with the new mbp. I hope mine lasts that long, it arrived today and I'm on my way home to try it!

5. Marty McFly macrumors newbie

mine just fully charged for the first time. and with the brightness of the screen and keyboard all the way down, bluetooth off, and on the battery saving mode, and wifi on... i had 2 hours and 54 minutes.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

That is truly pathetic.

I'm going to hold off on a new Mac purchase until they sort this battery issue out. I mean, they'll (probably) never add another FW slot to the MBP, and they'll definitely never add a matte option to the MBP, but the battery and screen resolution are things they can make better, and I'll wait until they do before making a purchase.

7. fathom macrumors newbie

I think one thing that would be useful to see is which MBP we are talking about exactly when comparing things such as battery life and temperature. I can imagine the 2.4GHz model running cooler and lasting longer than the 2.53 model. But, I wonder what the differences are actually. The 2.4GHz CPU is 25 watt whereas the 2.53Ghz CPU is 35 watt -- that's about a 30% difference in potential heat/battery life. Unfortunately, I don't know how this translates into reality, and it is probably rare that one person has both (and ideally the 2.8 version as well) to exactly recreate the exact setup on each for a controlled experiment.

8. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

all laptop batteries ever have done this. Its right when its woken from sleep, so it shows how much battery life it would have had in sleep mode at first, then it adjusts to the usage.

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Either your iStat is in Celsius or you store your MBP in a refrigerator. :)

Those times do start out very high at times. That timer is quite a fluctuating little guy. I usually have no problem with my MBP at a 2-hour soccer game going completely on battery, but that's the most I have ever tested it. I ALWAYS turn Bluetooth off when on battery for long times, and I kill AirPort if there's no WiFi.

10. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Yeah, must be another nVidia fault!! :eek:

11. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I read somewhere that also killing your ethernet port when not in use helps as well. Makes sense because the port is constantly polling for a connection. Probably could even kill the FireWire port (when applicable). On my early 2008 MBP, I get about 3.5-4 hours using just wifi and 1/3 screen brightness. To me that's pretty good.

12. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

[​IMG]

Guess it was 54 hours... close enough :rolleyes:

13. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

I'm getting way better that 2.75 hours...full charge medium brightness with WIFI is about 3.5 to 4 hours. It's much better than my Santa Rosa MBP!