Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Does anyone know of a way to get that Whole Foods QR code out of the Whole Foods app and into Apple Wallet so when I go shopping without my iPhone I can still show the code and get the Amazon Prime discounts?

rojocrandall

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
Does anyone know of a way to get that Whole Foods QR code out of the Whole Foods app and into Apple Wallet so when I go shopping without my iPhone I can still show the code and get the Amazon Prime discounts?

If you look at the Whole Foods App in the Apple Store, scroll down through the version history and you will see
on 6/16/17: "Bug fixes, plus nighty nighty to Apple Watch and iOS 9 support."
So, it used to be there, but it is gone now...

Also:
https://9to5mac.com/2017/06/19/whole-foods-apple-watch-removed-app-store-amazon/

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Yea I guess I’m wondering if there is a way to find out how to scan that QR code and send it into Apple Wallet in some way? Looking at the app it looks like the QR code might not be static and regenerate fairly often which would make this not work at all - guess I’ll just use my phone number and be a bit slower.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Yea I’m not positive the QR code doesn’t regenerate after a few minutes - it looks like it might

sslade6752

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015
I use an app called stocard that can scan barcodes or QR codes of other cards and it has an Apple Watch app. I’ll test out the watch app that Morris when I go get some salmon. Since I have two iPhones I had the whole food app on one phone and scanned it with my other

Reactions: musicpenguy

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007

Why don't you screen capture it and now it's in photos. That is what I have to do because the whole foods in the bay area that i go to is a Faraday cage. I have been using the same screen shot for 6 months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.