Whoops: Man Sues, Says Testicle Wrongly Removed

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
clayjohanson said:
Guess the surgeon failed his ICLES (I Compulsively Like Extra Snipping) test.
He went to a club-med type medical school, where they teach that it is only necessary to have one ICLE (Intra-Caribbean Licensing Exam) test. They see no need to test ICLES.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
stubeeef said:
going to soon need to start a Testicle forum.
Pretty sure the mods would, um, bag that idea. However, it's a seminal concept that could be expanded upon in one of the more genital, er, general forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
No change in his voice.

It seems that the doctor was over zealous with the Orchiectomy. When surgery is done on a possible cancerous tissue, a sample is sent for examination. Once completed a Pathologist will call the surgeon with the results. With that knowledge the surgeon makes a determination on how to continue. So somehow there was a breakdown in protocol. The man has the right to sue, it's up to a jury to determine if malpractice occurred.

http://www.bidmc.harvard.edu/display.asp?node_id=4561

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
wdlove said:
No change in his voice.

It seems that the doctor was over zealous with the Orchiectomy. When surgery is done on a possible cancerous tissue, a sample is sent for examination. Once completed a Pathologist will call the surgeon with the results. With that knowledge the surgeon makes a determination on how to continue. So somehow there was a breakdown in protocol. The man has the right to sue, it's up to a jury to determine if malpractice occurred.
There is also a procedure for when the pathology department is unable to get back to the doctor in a timely manner, and the doctor has to weigh his best judgement on whether to close up the patient and put them under another round of surgery, continue waiting, or go ahead.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
With cancer, they generally err on the side of caution.

Remember the last surgery John McCain had, they removed the mole on his face and two lymph nodes. So instead of having a bandaid on his face, he ended up with that nice long scar.

The lymph nodes came back clean from the pathology lab, but is he pissed -- don't think so.

This guy complains because he lost a nut, if the doctor had closed him up and it came back malignant -- he would have let out a really high pitched scream after they removed everything, all because the doctor didn't have the balls to toss one in the bag.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
99% of the time of the ultrasound says tumor its malignant.
If its caught during stage 1, removal of the testicle is a total cure 95% of the time.
There are no physical side effects of only having 1. With the negative feedback and redundancy built into the human body hormone levels are normal and fertility is only slightly impacted.
If a biopsy was done without removal there is a very good chance that the biopsy would cause a metastasis.
The biopsy is a very destructive process and there not much that would be reimplantable.

It sounds like the doctor did the right thing.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Raven VII said:
What's with all the nut stories recently?
What can I say, it's been a nutty week (groan)...why am I thinking a few more of these stories could appear come Valentines Day?! Consider all males forewarned! :eek:

Me, I'm sorted. I got the missus a perfect card...

Attachments

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
"Wrongly" is a bit of a euphemism in this case. I mean reallly, she ripped it off and hid it in her mouth. Malicious comes to mine before "wrongly" does. There are very few cases in were a mans testicle is rightfully removed. In fact, I can't think of any examples where a mans testicle is rightfully removed outside of cancer of the testes. Or, you know, another kind of operation, but at least that is conscenual.

I'm just curious as to how she got access. I guess she thought she deserved intercouse after....

How do you think that conversation went?

craigdawg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Sactown
Xtremehkr said:
"Wrongly" is a bit of a euphemism in this case. I mean reallly, she ripped it off and hid it in her mouth.
See? There have been so many nut stories that we're getting them all mixed up.

Three is all we can handle in one week. :D

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
munkle said:
What can I say, it's been a nutty week (groan)...why am I thinking a few more of these stories could appear come Valentines Day?! Consider all males forewarned! :eek:

Me, I'm sorted. I got the missus a perfect card...
Haha you might want to consider wearing a cup when you give her that card... All the girls I know aren't very happy when their gift has the world "value" on it! :p :D ;)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Doga said:
Q: Remove the other one, and what will be his OS of preference?

A: Eunix.

:p
Like most of the newbies that come here looking for information, it sounds like this guy is still only half-committed to the switch.