Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I am very happy with my Plus. I'm looking forward to iOS 8.1 just for the stability improvements but other than that I am happy. I was I'm the AT&T store s few days ago and was shocked at how small the 5C on display looked and felt in my hands. I'll never go back to a smaller phone now.

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
The best iPhone I have owned. Love it. It feels great in the hand to hold and use. When the images leaked, I was not sure about the antenna lines on the back, but once I saw it in person and was actually using it, I actually really like it.

I think they done a great job and especially after thinking I wouldn't want a bigger screen, my 6's slightly bigger screen is brilliant and just enough bigger.

Great thread, about time the moaning and groaning subsided and show some appreciation of the £500+ devices we own.

SueG

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2011
Who's actually very happy with their new iPhone 6 or 6+?

Had my 6 for 15 days. Its a great phone. Amazing how quickly u get used to the larger screen

Cloudsurfer

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2007
Netherlands
Have my 6 plus for a week now and it's an absolute dream to use. I thought the iphone 5 was quick enough but boy was I wrong.

I am totally digging the 5,5" screen and I hope apps will utilize this screen more rather than just blow up iphone 6 apps.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Really happy with mine too. Its a pity the iPhone section wasn't filled with more interesting threads where people talk about tips and positive experience. Its nice to have balance but all I ever seem to read is 'my iPhone is bent', 'Android is better' and 'my hair got caught in my phone'... Its dull. Nice to know a few of the contributors are happy with their phones though :)

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
i enjoy the larger screens. I have both. The + felt like a laptop at first but I found a decent case and I notice I am reaching for the + moreso than the 6.
Both phones are excellent.

FireCapt

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
i enjoy the larger screens. I have both. The + felt like a laptop at first but I found a decent case and I notice I am reaching for the + moreso than the 6.
Both phones are excellent.

Agree I had mine for 3 weeks now and love it. Some apps need maturign obviously, But the handset is perfect
:)

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Agree I had mine for 3 weeks now and love it. Some apps need maturign obviously, But the handset is perfect
:)

Facebook was horrible on the 6+. Last night Facebook had an update and it fixed a lot of the issues, especially the lag.
In two months most of the app issues will be resolved.
Every os requires developers to update their apps. What I have found is I am more apt to replace an older app with a new app rather than than wait on a deveopler.

I think Apple did a great job with the 6 and +.

TechDiva

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2014
SouthEastern United States
Very happy with my 6+. Wasn't sure at first, but glad I decided to try it for at least a week before making a final decision. Had it for almost 3 weeks now, and don't regret it at all!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Me. Only problem I have is a bug in iOS 8.02 where I move to landscape to type and backspace/delete just moves over the text I want deleted and doesn't delete it. That should be fixed soon, I hope.

The size is okay (iPhone 6). I do take it out of my pocket whenever I sit down, which I don't like.

Whtchdr

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2013
Loving the 6+! Picked up my old iPhone 5 yesterday after a couple weeks without it and couldn't believe that I ever used something so small...lol

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Raleigh NC
I know the vast majority of threads you read on device specific message boards are either asking for help, or something negative about a device.

I'm ready for something different! Even with 8.0.1 glitches, "Bendgate" & "Hairgate"...who's with me in saying that overall I'm pretty damn satisfied & happy with my new iPhone 6/6+? :)

I love my 6. It's the first in phone in a long time I'm planning to use without a case because of how perfectly it fits my hand.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I've had my 6 since launch day and love it. Also love the black Apple leather case that it is in. It is a little harder to accommodate in my pocket or purse, but I wouldn't give up that larger screen that is so much easier to read.

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
I'm happy with my iPhone 6. The only thing I'm a bit unhappy with is the first gen screen protectors which all have fit issues due to the curved screen. Both that I've had either fit bad or looked bad ( Zagg, Power Support)

Faelan

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Got my 6+ 128gb the other day. I originally preordered the gold version with my carrier, but even though I was #7 to preorder it with my carrier, it turned out to be impossible to get and they offered me to switch to the space grey. I wasn't too keen on it at first, but I gave in and had them ship me the space grey. Man, what a beautiful phone. I originally dismissed it as looking too boring and too much like a generic Android phone. But in real life it looks so much better. So slick and professional. My Note 2 looks cheap in comparison. No regreats here.

I feared the worst when turning on the phone for the first time. But everything turned out to be okay. Screen is perfect. White is white. No yellow tint or patches. No shadows. No backlight bleed. No dead pixels or dust particles.Uniform screen all over. The screen on my Note 2 looks sad when sitting next to the 6+. The Note 2 looks grainy and the colors look unnatural.

Exterior is perfect as well. Buttons work as they should. Home button is a little more 'clicky' compared to my iPads, but it doesn't feel wrong to me in any way and I think that's just because it's brand new. Camera seems to working great as well, but I haven't been able to really test it because the weather has been a complete disaster here.

Only thing that I wasn't impressed with the first day was the battery life. I got little over 7 hours out of it before I had to recharge and at one point I even saw the battery level drop by 2% from 16% to 14% in one go. Never seen that before on any of my iDevices. But after recharging it completely, my battery life has been great. 7 hours of usage, 1 day standby and it's still at 50%. That beats the crap out of my old Note 2 (would have been dead at that point).

As for iOS 8, I've only really had issues with 5GHz wifi dropping on me. 2.4GHz works fine. Not being able to use 5GHz is a big deal to me, but I'm assuming it'll be fixed soon, so I'm not freaking out over it. Everything else seems to be working fine. Not seeing any lag that makes me think the 6+ is underpowered. The places where I have seen some lag on my 6+, my iPads lag there as well, so that's an iOS/app issue, not at 6+ issue.

All in all, I'm very impressed with the 6+. It's everything I've wanted in a phone. But considering how much I had to pay for it, it better be :)

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
I'm very happy, I just wish I could figure out how to get high-res Slo-Mo and time lapse videos off my phone so I can edit them on my Mac.

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Can't stand it

I ordered the iPhone 6+ on September 14th with an estimated delivery in early October. I called Verizon last night and they have no expected delivery date at all and in fact, it may be sometime in November. This week Apple announces that it will start selling the phone in additional countries without fulfilling its prepaid orders first. How nice of them. Apple sucks. I am planning on canceling my order and going with another company that REALLY cares about its customers.:mad:

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Love the battery life of my 6 plus. Streamed the Chelsea v arsenal game on lte and only used up 20 percent of battery.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
I preordered the 6+ and when I got it i thought it was huge and returned it a few days later and then picked up a 6 .. the 6 is the perfect size i thought but after using it for a week i felt that it just wasn't a big upgrade so I went back to a 6+ and i love it. I should have given the original 6+ more time instead of panicking and returning it right away

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.