Who's afraid of the big bad mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by durija, Sep 17, 2008.

1. durija macrumors 6502

Not me.
    I want the biggest !@#$%^& mouse I can get. The doctor said that might help alleviate the numbness and other odd sensations in my right index and middle finger. I use keyboard shortcuts as much as possible. Nothing is worse in my day than cleaning a dirty scan. The agony.
    I don't want a trackball.
    I don't want a cordless.
    I do want suggestions. Any help here?

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

For dirty scans, maybe a tablet and pen would work better than a mouse?

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

There's some huge Microsoft mice out there, which typically work well (enough) with Macs. I'm always irritated by how large they are, so might work well for your situation.

jW

4. durija thread starter macrumors 6502

Scans are the worst case scenario for me. I still have problems without doing any scanning for weeks.

A tablet doesn't sound like a good way to go to me at first hearing. I'm often switching between tools, but maybe I wouldn't as much with a tablet and pen. Have you actually cleaned scans with a tablet yourself and are recommending from experience? Or are you a dedicated tablet user who thinks it might just be the thing?

5. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Yes, I've done it with a Wacom tablet and pen, just not recently. It was MUCH easier than using a mouse, or, God forbid, a trackpad.

6. durija thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip. I might have to try that. Not sure if I can get the boss to spring for it, though.

7. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Microsoft has a mouse thats almost shaped like a ball because its so tall, youre supposed to use it with your hand tilted at an angle which is more natural.