Who's buying a 2011 iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Freeman3030, May 2, 2011.

1. Freeman3030 macrumors newbie

I've been looking into getting a 2011 iMac when the refresh happens. From what i've read, it seems like it's going to be tomorrow.
    So who's got the cash ready to buy tomorrow? I don't know whether to wait a few weeks and see what people think of the refresh, or to just go ahead and buy one.
    Also, does anyone know if the uk are getting the refresh the same time as USA?

2. archer75 macrumors 6502a

Won't know till I see the specs. I'll either order an imac tomorrow or parts to build my own system. We shall see.

3. Eudall macrumors newbie

ME ME ME ME

I would expect an international release :)

4. phlydude macrumors regular

phlydude

As soon as some money transfers from my checking account to my Paypal account (gotta get that 1% back), I'm all over a 27" model...without specs yet, I can't say if I will do a BTO or not but I am on it when it comes out

5. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

I'll buy one, but not until the end of next week.

6. Orme macrumors member

7. iMikeT macrumors 68020

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I can't even remember a Mac update where the release was not international. When the iMac is updated, it will be available from Apple Online Store in every country.

9. Freeman3030 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wahoo! Well let's just hope it is international! I can't wait to see videos on YouTube comparing the outgoing iMac to the new one. I'm not even going to be able to sleep tonight! 24 hours from now we will hopefully be in the know! :)

10. shani4321 macrumors newbie

I just bought 27'' two months ago and they releasing another one :(

11. Orme macrumors member

You should be able to sell it easily.. maybe missing out on a couple hundred but if you would pay/not mind losing that lil bit of money for the new iMac (which you will probably keep for more years to come) I would sell

12. Alexjungle macrumors member

Yes but I'm really hoping for a white redesign, 3G, i9, and the option of extra glossy

13. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

A new one being released doesn't make your iMac worse, you have a good machine that will surely make you happy.

14. ShiftyGray macrumors regular

I am, immediately. My 2007 Macbook Pro is getting too slow for my taste.

15. Xtreambar macrumors regular

As soon as the Back to School sale starts (usually late May, early June), because getting that free iPod would be nice (even if I just sell it).

I'm 100% ready to get rid of my 2006 Macbook 1,1.

16. zombierunner macrumors 6502a

zombierunner

I will but not on day one .. maybe after 1-2 weeks .. i like to watch unboxing/review videos on youtube .. will see what ppl are saying here .. any issues etc and so long there's nothing major wrong .. i shall buy it after 2 weeks

17. zombierunner macrumors 6502a

zombierunner

hope you are correct good sir lol

18. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

I should have the money for a base 27 inch at the start of September, does anyone think it's a bad idea to update 4 months after a refresh? Is it to far into a cycle?
    Thanks.

19. archer75 macrumors 6502a

It's entirely up to your wants/needs. No one else can decide for you.

20. SolarJ macrumors newbie

Going to wait a week or so. How much do ya'll think 2008 24" iMac w/ 6gb of RAM will grab?

I am hoping a new model size. Back to the 24.

21. archer75 macrumors 6502a

It will get more today than it will tomorrow. Run over to ebay and see what they are going for.

22. ericswyatt macrumors newbie

I'm hoping the refresh does one of two things for me:

#1) has more than just Sandy Bridge and Thunderbolt (a lower price point, beefy graphics, SSD standard, something...) so that I'm excited enough to buy a new "2011" model; or,
    #2) drives down the price of the 2010's in the refurb store a bit more and I'll just go that route.

I don't need the latest and greatest, but I'm open to it. I have the cash in-hand, ready to spend one way or another. Someone in West/Central Florida has a 2010 iMac they want to make me a deal I can't refuse, I'm all ears... :)

23. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Who has two thumbs and is getting a new iMac?

#thisguy

24. trackbikes macrumors regular

How long after they go on sale in the online stores do they appear in "real" stores?

No necessarily Apple Stores but other vendors

25. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Sorta depends... I've got to get a new Mac as my trouble-ridden 2007 Macbook Pro (exapnding battery, broken keyboard, broken trackpad, battery going from 92% health to 6% without warning... oh, and a GPU that WILL fail at some point) looks like it might finally be on the way out. Providing that the refresh is a decent one and provides enough gaming power to work as a secondary gaming rig for when the wife nicks the PC to play Civ then a 27" iMac would be perfect. If the refresh is a bit iffy, or the price goes flying up to silly levels (I'm actually hoping for a price drop in the UK to reflect currency value, same as the iPad 2 received) then it'll be a Mac Mini.