Who's changed their mind regarding IPhone 7 since final specs have been announced?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ceviche Lover, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

I will admit I was part of the "my IPhone 6 is good enough crowd' when the first IPhone 7 leaks came out but I am now leaning towards a 'maybe' ever since the final specs were released a few days ago. Just waiting on the keynote for more information.

Anyone in the same boat?

2. ErnstStavroBlohard macrumors member

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

When did Apple announce final specs?

Did I miss the news release?

EDIT: Aesthetics trump features for me. I already have fugly with my 6s+. Not doubling down with that huge camera wart on the 7 or the double fugly camera bump on the 7+.

4. Hauss316 macrumors member

I thought the 7 was going to be a minor spec bump update. With the latest rumors, it has me on the fence. If they are true, I'll probably jump on it.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Before I was in the "I dont know" crowd, now Im kinda in the "maybe" crowd.
    And when I see the keynote on Wednesday I will probably be in the "Im gettin it" crowd :D

6. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Still waiting for Apple to announce this device and provide the "final specs"...

7. Ceviche Lover thread starter macrumors regular

OK so not final specs, but lets assume the specs mention by Kuo on the front page are correct.

8. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Assuming the specs and features mentioned are legit, then yes. I was in the "probably" but now I'm in the "yes". I wish they would have bumped the resolution up on the regular model for sure and I wish they included fast and wireless charging. (Fast for sure) But if I can get the below, then I'm happy.

iPhone 7 Plus
    32GB
    3GB of Ram
    Water Resistance
    Bigger Battery
    A10 Chip
    Matte Black or Piano Black
    Dual Camera
    New Home Button

9. uroshnor macrumors member

So iPhones have never been about top line specs, they've been about user experience.

iPhone 5/5s/6 are a huge market for Appel to tap into for people upgrading and whilst some of the 5/5s owners will want to keep the smaller size and go with an SE or similar, a chunk of them who want to stay with Apple will be up for what is available this time around.

6s owners will be less likely to upgrade (not that many people upgrade their phone every year), and framing the 7 as a success or failure based on 6s owners upgrading is not a robust metric (strictly, 6s owners upgrading to a 7 in high numbers is a sufficient condition for "success" it isn't a necessary condition.

The two potentially killer features mooted are :

- dual camera system
    - water resistance
    - black (I know this sounds silly, but a lot of people like a dark grey/black phone)

Neither of those can really be judged until after the announcement. The camera system in particular depend on things we just don't know yet (camera pixel size, f-stop etc)

The really one to watch is the 2017 phone, which will come at the peak of when people who upgraded in the last "mega upgrade" cycle (starting with the 6/6s) will be at peak time to upgrade their phone.

10. techiebug macrumors 6502a

It's gonna be a big jump. If the design is the same, speed will be much faster. Simple as that

11. chrisforpm macrumors regular

I care more about speed and user experience than I do the look of the phone. If the specs are true, this phone is going to destroy the competition. It's going to be blazing fast - hopefully battery life doesn't suffer. If all indications are correct, the larger battery should make up for it though.

12. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

We don't know the final specs yet. However the initial leaks were meh. However what has leaked in the past few weeks for the plus model have changed my mind and I will be upgrading.