Who's close to "celebrity" world?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by westla7, Jun 13, 2010.

1. westla7 macrumors member

If you are a celebrity ;-) or may be you are working with them, really, one question doesn't leave my head. I cannot understand, that's why I am really curious ;-)

So, why all (well, not all, but MANY, a LOT) celebrities are using Blackberry, not iPhone? For me, iPhone sounds like a very smart/logical choice for them. Definitely not all of them are tech-people ;-), not sure if many know much about computer stuff at all, and obviously they can afford iPhone. The build quality, environmental-friendlyness, etc. makes it a reasonable choice.
    So why Blackberry? What's there in Blackberry? Just BBM and keyboard? Really, what's it?

I am using (currently) both Blackberry Bold 9700 and iPhone 3G (thinking to get iPhone 4), and I clearly see pros and cons of both. Blackberry wins hands down in battery life (and it will probably still kick ass even with iPhone 4), it has keyboard (really, typing easier with keyboard, that's also the reason why we all are using not virtual, but real keyboards for our laptops/desktops ;-), and more well-thought messaging control (one common Inbox for text messages, IM, BBM, even twitter/other stuff, shortcuts to reply/reply all, copy, forward, etc.) and obviously calendar (much easier to navigate, create new events, etc.) That's by itself a clear reason to own Blackberry. iPhone wins with media (video to be precise), and browser (big time, not even to compare).

And again, as iPhone was originally as successor to iPod, which I think is a must have for all people interested/carrying about music -- almost all people close to music industry are still in Blackberry. Man, that really annoys me. I just don't understand why. Is it something there? :)

2. JosephBergdoll macrumors 6502

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

4. mac jones macrumors 68040

Same distribution.

they are just people with no special tastes, except they have a lot of money, usually.

The iphone is not a bargain phone.

5. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

It's just standard. Celebs are used to BBM, the email capabilities, physical keyboards, etc. However, lots of celebs use a BB for work, and an iPhone for personal use.

6. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

7. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

the hype.

i gotta admit, i was drawn into the hype as well... but being tech savvy, i found its flaws and decided to stick with the iPhone.

there are times that i would like a blackberry just for BBM, but it's not enough for me to make a switch again... too much headache with the damn OS.

8. westla7 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, that's what I am saying. Just wonder how many people find that BBM+email+physical keyboard out weights everything else smartphone can provide... Do they do that much of the email anyway? :) I do a lot, that's why I use BB, but man, I am in IT, I have my business and contracts, I do have a lot of email... :)

9. westla7 thread starter macrumors member

Hype? Blackberry are just convenient devices for specific things. Not sure how the hype could be created here. As for the "tech" side -- I believe Blackberry are way more configurable/adjustable than iPhone, so probably "tech" people rather stick with Blackberries, and that's part what I don't understand too -- not sure if many celebrities (if at all) are close to tech ;-)

10. xtend macrumors regular

The OP has a point.

I have seen that too. Many "hot chicks", Vegas peeps, wannabe celebs use blackberries.

I see that from their tweets.. over 50% of them comes from ubertwitter, a crackberry twitter client.

But i don't know why. But i think that over 50% of celebs use blackberries.

11. XciteMe macrumors 6502

Who cares? Do you also wonder why they can commit serious crimes and get a slap on the wrist, buy $4 million dollar beach homes and never seem to stay in a committed relationship!?? They're celebrities. Who cares.

12. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Says the guy how made a celebrities with iPhones thread...