Who's dealt with OWC return policy before?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Demthios, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Demthios macrumors member

Alright so after ruling out the ram I just bought from them is bad, I called them up and get an RMA number for it. But had already taken the box out for recycling which came this morning. Sooo today when I head up to the UPS store to ship the ram off I didn't have a box and just threw them, in there plastic box, in a bubble mailer and put my RMA number on it and such and shipped it off. So tonight I'm sitting here and forgot to look at what type of shipping they were going, because I had ordered them with overnight and was wondering if the new ram would be overnighted to me..I noted that they say don't mail ram back in soft packs unless they are in a box...so would you constitute the plastic box they are in as a box? I'm just worried that I might have thrown 200$ away because I didn't put them in a packing box...

2. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

The don't want you sending stuff back in a soft pack because of the potential for damage during transit.

I've never had problems with returning things to OWC, but I've always packed them in a cardboard box with all of the original packaging.

I would guess that you're probably going to be OK, though, as long as nothing happens to the product during the trip back. I'm guessing you didn't insure it?