Who's dropped their iPhone/type of damage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ExiledMafia, Oct 21, 2011.

?

Who dropped phone?

1. Dropped iPhone 4/4s no damage :)

21 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. Dropped iPhone 4/4s with little damage ex. scratches

9 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. Dropped iPhone 4/4s and phone no longer works

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. Never dropped my phone

26 vote(s)
    44.1%
  1. ExiledMafia macrumors regular

Just wondering who's dropped their iPhone, from what height, and the type of damage that occurred with it.

My story: Dropped iPhone 4s today....died a little on the inside at first....fell from around 2 feet onto hardwood floor. Looked over phone no damage thank god.

So lets hear your story...

2. j4bles macrumors member

Never dropped mine. Wife dropped mine and her's, both times getting out of the car and shattered the back glass both times.

3. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I dropped my iPhone 4 on concrete from about 4.5 feet when I slipped on ice about a year ago and it flew it out of my hand. No damage. I think my Speck Pixelskin HD did it's job that day very well.

4. ewils19 macrumors 6502

Mine fell from couch height onto a wood floor yesterday with no damage.
    It was my 4S's first fall and hopefully its last!

5. k3roro macrumors 6502

Maybe it would be helpful if people can include what type of case they have on (if any).

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I've thrown my iPhone 4 on to ground with a bumper on it and it bounced a couple times… it was fine.

7. ewils19 macrumors 6502

Mine's currently naked because I'm the Speck Candyshell is out of stock in the color I want.

8. k3roro macrumors 6502

Wow - naked fall from couch-level onto hardwood floor with no damage, congrats!

9. ewils19 macrumors 6502

Haha thanks. It may actually have hit the rug-- not sure. And when I say couch level, I mean when sitting on the couch so it was only a couple of feet.

10. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Twice on concrete (from lap in car), once on asphalt (from lap in car), once on hardwood floor (fell from shelf neck-high), multiple times on laminate floor (from bed height), and countless times on carpet (fallen from my shirt pocket).

So far, only a tiny chip on edge of front glass that is so small you'd have to be looking for it, some tiny chips on the plastic "rim" on back and front edge, and a few "scarring" on stainless steel band. I've always had some form of skin protection on front, back and sides of phone, so no scratches on glass.

It's a tough phone

-C

Sent from my MacBook Pro

11. M87 macrumors 65816

I dropped my 4 on concrete maybe a week after I got it, no case. I used it for 16 months without a case and it still looked virtually brand new when I sold it a few days ago. The only sign of use was some minor scratching on the metal.

12. TWD98j macrumors regular

Dropped my 3GS a few times (4 tops - once face down in the snow!) during the 2.5 years I had it. Never stopped working.

Haven't yet dropped my 4S (knocks on wood) but I've only had it exactly one week at this point. I have the Mophie Juice Pack on it, which is made of rubber, so even if I did drop it, it shouldn't hurt it much if at all.

13. The Poet macrumors member

Dropped my iPhone 4 a couple of times while texting under the influence.
    Twice on flagging and about three times on laminate floor. And once on grass but that doesn't really count.
    Each drop while sitting on a chair and with the Switcheasy Capsule Rebel on.

No damage at all.

14. ExiledMafia thread starter macrumors regular

No case on mine either, I would say we are both pretty lucky to come out without damage.

15. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

I've dropped iPhones 3 times over the years, and every drop ended in a cracked screen. And they were only dropped from waist height. :rolleyes:

My brother seems to drop his 3 times a day, and it never breaks!

But in the end none of them mattered... Apple replaced the phones for free all three times!!! :D

16. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Dropped my iPhone 4 twice, once smashing the screen, once cracking the back. So not really minor damage. However, in both situations the phone still worked fine, so I can't really vote.

17. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Well just last week was in a store (electronics store-looking at TVs and hifis) and had my backpack over my left shoulder. I keep my iphone 4 in my left pocket. Got a text and pulled it out of my pocket a bit too quickly and awkwardly and it feel to the floor. Linoleum and I have a Griffin Reveal-it fell onto the edge then on the back. Zero damage. :eek:

18. stickybuns macrumors 6502

I'm still waiting for my iPhone to arrive, but I managed to crack the screen of my old iPod Touch (no cover) when I accidentally dropped it on a tile floor. My new iPod Touch now wears an Otterbox Defender case. The touchscreen still worked on the old Touch (I only needed to replace it after my toddler decided to use it as a "sailboat" in the potty) so even a bad drop didn't manage to kill it.

19. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850