Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

volsfan

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2008
i got excited after i found out they would have video highlights right after it happens

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Of the major sports Baseball is my least favorite, although growing up it was #1.

I am too a Rangers fan though, and this will be fun. I like the idea of replays shortly after it happens.

Really hope to see the other sports follow suit.

Wow my whole weekend is going to be dominated by the app store.

know-it-all5

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2006
USA
I am looking forward to the MLB app. Personally, I just think its funny how we are all going crazy over a few apps. Tomorrow/Later today, we will have at least 500 apps to choose from. You've got to know there will be some amazing surprises. Maybe stuff thats even cooler than the mlb app.

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Can't wait to watch instant highlights of my Yankees making their second half charge to the playoffs again (after everyone counted them out in June...again) while I'm on the go away from my MLB.tv.

ColonelSmith

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
Ohio
I'm pretty excited, just got back from the Tigers v. Indians game. Would be nice to get video highlights of other games from my iphone 3G after the 11th!

carve

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
ME! Going to be one of the first apps I download, along with twitter!

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
OMG I am! But I already see how this is going to pan out. The description for MLB At Bat mentions that we'll be able to follow the rest of 2008 season for $4.99. So next year you bet your ass we'll have to pay for it again.

Booooo!

Burton8219

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
Can't wait to watch instant highlights of my Yankees making their second half charge to the playoffs again (after everyone counted them out in June...again) while I'm on the go away from my MLB.tv.
You better be looking for a wild card spot cause there's no way you guys are winning your division... it's too stacked.

but then again... you guys aren't even gonna make the wild card... Either Rays/Sox win division and the team that loses the division wins the wild card

IndyJaws

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2008
Stream Cubs games!!!! That would be awesome.

GO cubs~!!!!!
Amen brother! I'm really looking forward to this, although I don't believe they will stream live games. I think I read that they'll post highlights while the game is in progress, though.

All so I can be even more heartbroken by the Cubbies' inevitable collapse :(

bombboy

macrumors regular
May 15, 2007
SoFla
Already tried it out on the games that began at 1 p.m. Oh man, is it sweet. Sucks that I had to watch highlights of Ryan Howard hitting a home run to give the Phil's an early lead as I want my Marlins to win the division for their first time ever... ;) Great app, great app :)

svenhoops

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2007
Already tried it out on the games that began at 1 p.m. Oh man, is it sweet. Sucks that I had to watch highlights of Ryan Howard hitting a home run to give the Phil's an early lead as I want my Marlins to win the division for their first time ever... ;) Great app, great app :)

Funny... I was just going to say that I'm enjoying sitting here in my cubicle and following the game and I loved seeing Howard drive that one to centerfield! Go Phils! The video quality is pretty darn good, in my opinion... beats the heck out of imagining what it looked like!

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
but then again... you guys aren't even gonna make the wild card... Either Rays/Sox win division and the team that loses the division wins the wild card

Keep watching. The Rays will fade for the whole second half and the Red Sox can't win a game in September to save their lives.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Premiership(UK top level soccer) and NFL apps in the same vein would be really awesome - with all due respect to baseball.
I used to be on the UK '3' network, prior to getting an iPhone in March. They provide goal clips and match highlights a few minutes after the event. It was a good novelty, but I got bored of it, because the video quality was so poor, low res and about 12-15 frames per second - terrible.

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
My girlfriend is a HUGE Cubs fan, she is more excited about this app than anything else!
She thought that ****** web-based iphone mlb app (mobisports?) was amazing, this will blow her Sox off! (get it?)

ivtecDOu

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2008
mass
here are some screen shots off of my phone
023.png

using app
022.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.