Who's getting new Apple Leather / Silicon colors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by noobinator, Sep 8, 2016.

1. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I'll be getting the Sea Blue leather and Ocean blue silicon to go with my black 7 Plus.

2. mashinhead macrumors 68030

Sea Blue and Cocoa Silicone,

Not so much a fan of the leather ones.

3. urkel macrumors 68030

The iPhone 6 cases were great.
    The iPhone 6S cases were awful.
    The iPhone 7 cases... ????

I love the Apple Leather Cases, but there has been an inconsistency to the quality lately. (And with Apple now eliminating Accessory Support from AppleCare+ then I don't recommend them anymore).

Anyway, I want a leather case again but this year I'm going to actually see it in person first. I'd prefer a light color but with the way these "age" then I may just go with black.

4. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I will be getting the silicone one, the leather one gets really stinky IMO and it turns really ugly if you wash it a few times.

5. Benz63amg macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

im getting the apple black leather one for my iphone 7 plus, ive used their leather cases for the past 3 iphone generations throughout the years, the silicone cases feel cheap in my opinion when you touch them

6. GRIFROMLA macrumors newbie

GRIFROMLA

Wanted the sea blue leather for my 7+, but it was the only one with a later ship date by the time I got around to ordering accessories. Will check the stores next week.

7. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

I have tentatively ordered the saddle brown Apple Leather case . Have been wanting either the Nodus Access2 or Shell cases but they don't ship till the end of October. May just cancel the apple case and buy a cheap case for a month or so.

8. mous94410 macrumors 6502

mous94410

The charcoal silicone case is now a black silicone case for the iPhone 7 !
    I know that the 7 Plus have the same dimensions that the 6s Plus except the camera.
    I want to by this silicone case for my Space Grey 6s Plus !!

9. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I'll end up with a black leather one for my 7, I've been using Apple leather cases since the 5S.

10. noobinator thread starter macrumors 603

noobinator

Has anyone else noticed the new "Black" color iPhone 7/7 Plus looks nearly exactly like last years Charcoal Gray silicon case? At least in the pictures at Apple.com.

11. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

how are these not compatible with the 6/6s? the phones are the same dimensions. i really like the new buttons on the 7 leather cases.

12. noobinator thread starter macrumors 603

noobinator

Different camera cutouts.

13. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

yeah but the new one is bigger? just would leave a bigger gap? someone with an apple store near them, if they could get some comparison photos and see if it fits.

14. Kisey macrumors 6502a

I got ocean blue silicone. Every time I get a new phone, I usually go through a bunch of cases before I find "the one". I initially hated Apple's cases because of the open bottom, but when I finally tried it on my 6, I was sold. I've had white on my 6s for a year and it has not discolored like many other cases. Let's hope the ones for the 7 are equal in quality.

15. sangreal06 macrumors member

They're not in the same location

16. Jigga macrumors 6502

We now know the camera cutout if bigger for the 7 Plus so the older cases won't work.
    What about the 6S cases? Will that be compatible with the 7?
    Any idea where the top "stereo" speaker will be and if it'll be covered by a case?

My original 6 leather case has the perfect feel, nice and grippy but not too much like the silicone which picked up dust. The 6S leather case was too slippery in my opinion.

17. Neocortex27 macrumors newbie

I wish they had a violet or purple case! I have the silicone black one now and I really like it, but the purple would be awesome