Who's getting the iPhone next Verizon,Sprint,T Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lsvtecjohn3, Oct 12, 2010.

?

Who's getting the iPhone next Verizon,Sprint,T Mobile

1. Verizon

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  2. Sprint

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. T-Mobile

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. all at the same time

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

So with all these threads about Verizon getting the iPhone in January "supposedly" got me thinking.

Lets start with the Pros with Verizon. There the biggest US carrier 92 million people on their network. They have the most smartphone users on their network. Best coverage across America, there was a study showing a lot of Verizon user would get a Verizon iPhone.

Cons. CDMA. Apple hasn't made a CDMA phone yet. might not make one, since LTE is coming out late this year or early next year. Verizon just like Apple likes to control the phones *cough bloatware on phones cough*

Sprint Pros. People are jumping ship from Sprint like they have the tech AIDZ, that might be a good thing for Apple. Sprint NEEDS people to come back I bet Apple could work out a great deal for themselves. Sprint has cheaper plans than AT&T and Verizon. Across America they have the second best coverage. I'm sure if the iPhone was going to be on Sprint a lot of people would get it because of the prices.

Cons. Same deal with the whole CDMA thing as Verizon but Sprint went to WiMAX for there 4G and everyone else is going to LTE [​IMG]

T-Mobile Pros. GSM just like AT&T yet it runs a different frequency band, I'm sure Apple could include T-Mobile frequency in the next iPhone. Theres already a lot of people on T-Mobile with iPhones so Apple knows theres a demand. Great plans.

Cons. Rumor has it T-Mobile is going to file for chapter 11, but who knows. There the smallest company of the big four, 34 Million subscribers. They don't have great coverage across America.

So what carrier do you think is getting the iPhone next?

2. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Heh, I say Verizon just cause they are the biggest, T-Mobile might go under, and Sprint they'd still have to re-engineer the phone and not quite the user-base to justify it.

And honestly, not surprised at people leaving Sprint. They are the one carrier I wouldn't use (my parents had them and I had to beg them to call me landline cause I never could understand them when they called on their cell it was so staticky).

And at one point, Verizon was way more expensive than AT&T/Cingular. I originally went with Cingular because they were similar priced to T-Mobile but had a much bigger coverage (at least according to the maps I saw provided by T-Mobile and Cingular). Cingular's looked to have as much coverage as Verizon but they had an actual affordable plan (at the time, Verizon's cheapest plan was 50 dollars a month! That was like 8 years ago. I got in with Cingular for 30 a month, quite a bit of difference. Cingular though was the only one requiring two year contracts at the time though. They convinced me to go ahead anyways cause at the time they had the cheapest break your contract price plus they allowed you to change your plan terms around month by month, something I think they still do).

3. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

It would be great if T-Mobile got it because it would allow the new carriers here in Canada to also carry it.

4. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

I say all of them. The iPhone is starting to slip with the infinite wave of Android phones in every carrier. This is what I think will happen: AT&T will get exclusivity on newer models aka iPhone 5, 6 or iPhone Nano. Verizon, Sprint and T-Mob will get iPhone 4 in Jan. 2011. In June Apple will announce the iPhone 4s to be released exclusively on AT&T on late June and by Jan 2012 on all other carriers.

5. tigert07 macrumors regular

I'm waiting for the AT&T/T-Mobile merger to go through. Just watch. As stated above, T-Mobile may be going under sooner than people think.

6. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

Dont you think tMobile will just be bought out by someone else maybe even att ?

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm pretty sure that Apple would either keep AT&T as the exclusive carrier for all models or have all of the carriers use all of them. Apple likes to make things simple which having different models for different carriers is not.

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

If anyone gets it next, it will be Verizon, however, I'll believe it when I see it on their website.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I would have voted but "I couldn't care ****ing less about this **** after 9,436 other threads about it" wasn't offered as an answer.

10. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

All of the above because I just don't care about any of them or the iPhone. Give me a phone that can make an intelligible call on a carrier that has decent coverage outside of "target market areas nationwide" and maybe I'll give a damn one day.

11. lsvtecjohn3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool story bro. PMSing???

12. google macrumors regular

Can someone provide a solid link about Tmo and Chapter 11? I know there was a article earlier this year pointing at companies who wont be around at the end of the year but that article is published each year with being 99% incorrect.

13. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I doubt Tmobile is going under...they are owned by a LARGE parent company...filing for bankruptcy is not a true indicator...in a nut shell bankruptcy just shields you from litigation from your creditors...Tmobile is still a viable company...if AT&T and Tmobile were to unite...Verizon would no longer be the #1 US carrier

14. google macrumors regular

Can someone provide a solid link about Tmo and Chapter 11? I know there was a article earlier this year pointing at companies who wont be around at the end of the year but that article is published each year with being 99% incorrect.