Whos goin to ATT Tuesday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxkodemanxx, Jun 26, 2010.

1. xxkodemanxx macrumors member

I went by mine today just to check over my account info.
    I also asked how many units they might have for Tuesday for walk-ins.

they said 100-200.

That seems like a fair amount..
    I figure a lot of people grabbed iphones from pre-orders and the past few days.

How many people have been out of luck and are planning on going early to ATT?
    Do you think there will still be long lines?
    What time you going?

Did ATT ever say its a 1 unit per person policy? I wanna grab one for me and the GF (whos on the same family plan) for a gift.

thanks!

2. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

i'm going to exchange my 16gb for a 32gb model

3. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

100-200? That's a ton. How large is the city in which you live? My local store only has a couple of dozen in stock. Luckily though, there's about 4 AT&T stores within 10 miles of my house. I'm going EARLY. I'll try to be there at about 3 AM. What time do you plan on getting there?

4. xxkodemanxx thread starter macrumors member

I went to the ATT store here in Folsom , CA. Its a nice area...big and popular?..not really. But he did say 100-200 and those WERE NOT accounted for on a list..

I dont THINK that many people will be there lined up..so i might go by like 8am...i dont care if im a bit back in the line.. i just want the phone..and i dont wanna be up too early...

then again..thats why im asking now.. trying to get an idea of a good time to go by.

EDIT
    I also asked him if he personally thought it was going to be a long line..he said hes seen all the other launches and yes it will be big...
    but..
    This is the first time ATT is waiting to sell days after the launch.. so I dont personally think it will be as big..
    or at least thats what i hope.. anyone else feel that way?

5. Lenxal macrumors regular

6. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

8 AM? The store opens at 7 Am on Tuesday for the release, just letting you know. You would be amazed at how many people will be there. Apple, Best Buy, WM, and Radio Shack have all sold out. A lot of people are gambling on getting one on Tuesday as some of the hype will have died down.

7. xxkodemanxx thread starter macrumors member

O really? haha I was just lookin at the store hours. It that 7am for all ATT stores?

hm... in that case i might get there at 6am haha
    i dont really wanna wat over an hour for it to open

im just trying to get an idea if the line will be long or not

8. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

yes 7am they open. I will probably get there like at 6am.

9. xxkodemanxx thread starter macrumors member

Ill prob do the same..

anyone kn now if its 1 per person?
    i wanna grab one for me and the GF on the same account

10. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

The majority of stores will open at 7 AM. You should definitely call them up and ask, but all the ones near me open at 7. I do think the line will be long. Folsom is a midsized city, right? I live in Brentwood, not too far away and close in size? The guy at my store said he expected people to start lining up from 4-5 in the morning.

11. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

I will be doing the same. Question. What do I need to do this upgrade? I'm a new AT&T customer and my mom's name is on the receipt. I still haven't opened the box or anything. Will they allow me to upgrade the phone?

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Before everyone rushes out to AT&T Tuesday, you might want to check with the store. My store said they “might” have walk-ins Tuesday. Right now they have no stock.

13. xxkodemanxx thread starter macrumors member

My store said they would have phones for walk-ins.
    i think a friend might join me for the wait so i might go at like 5am..prob no earlier..

still curious if its 1 per person or not

14. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Go to Att.Com. Log onto your account and add yourself as an Authorized User. This will allow you to make ANY changes to the account whatsoever. You need to be 18+ and have a Government issued ID.

15. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Apple had a 2 phones per person policy, don't see why AT&T wouldn't do the same.

16. 2056 macrumors 6502

I'm considering going to the At&t store. I purchased a 3GS a couple of weeks ago and need to return it to Best Buy first. I heard if you exchange phones in At&t that it takes up to 3 days for the upgrade eligibility to go back. Does this depend on the store? Anyone know?
    I'm on a list at Best Buy, but it doesn't seem like they'll get stock for a while.

17. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

It takes a while when you purchase the phone at any place other than AT&T. Best Buy, Radio Shack, Apple do not make it as easy for returning phones as AT&T is.

18. xxkodemanxx thread starter macrumors member

here is my theory..

There are LOTS more ATT stores then Apple.
    Apple has already been sending out and selling in store a bunch if iPhones..
    like what.. a Million maybe so far?

with these factors..
    I dont think lines will be huge.. compared to the Apple opening lines..
    yes there will be lines..but not 100's of people

anyone else think this is a valid thought?
    or whishful thinking?
    haha

19. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Somewhat. Only the hardcore Apple fans would have gone to an Apple Store in my opinion. The somewhat sane iPhone fans would simply plan on going on Tuesday. I do expect lines, but not as long as the ones Apple had on Thursday. Maybe 20-30 in my opinion

20. xxkodemanxx thread starter macrumors member

Nice! Now where are you from so I can add that into my ETA Line wait variable. :p

21. 2056 macrumors 6502

Thanks for the quick response. Since I'm a brand new customer, I should probably just wait until Best Buy gets stock, and if not, I'll be okay with the 3GS. Way better than my Motorola Droid I had.

22. herdinoh macrumors regular

why you guys want a phone with the reception problem so badly?I would rather wait for couple weeks if I were you.

23. xxkodemanxx thread starter macrumors member

I dont really even hold a phone in that manner..
    and im sure its not as crazy and some people seem..

worse comes to worse they will have an update or recall to fix the problem..

I would just rather get the phone out here before i head home to NY where its going to be much harder

24. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I don't see anything new coming in a couple of weeks? If a model with something designed to fix the reception issue comes out within a month, I'll just return my 4 and get the newer one. I have 30 days from the data of purchase to return it ;p