Who's going to hold out for the refurbished iPad 3G?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iSingandiDance, Apr 27, 2010.

  1. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a


    Apr 24, 2010
    I've been thinking about this over the past day.

    If I were to hold out for the refurbished iPad 3G, I would be able to really scrutinize the pros and cons of both iPad models, post-release, and then make the consumer-friendly decision on purchasing one or not (not to mention devs will have finally begun to really utilize the iPad in a way in which I can justify paying so much out the door). It doesn't hurt that I'll be saving a good $100, since most refurbs are a good $100 less than their "brand new" counterparts.

    However, with the touch-and-go nature of Apple refurb products - this past christmas it was tough as hell to get a refurb 8 GB iPod Touch - I foresee myself being disappointed many times over with pesky iPad seekers who will literally have their computers on a perpetual refresh in hopes that they pop up.

    They will indeed go fast as lightning.

    So is the $100 that much of a hassle to secure my 3G on Friday than having to wait until the refurbs pop up on the site and then waiting for their upteenth restock before I finally get my pesky hands on one? :confused:

  2. iSingandiDance thread starter macrumors 6502a


    Apr 24, 2010
  3. roland.g macrumors 603


    Apr 11, 2005
    I'm waiting for a refurb 2nd generaton iPad 4G. :D

    BTW, I would be surprised to see a refurb drop of $100.
  4. WLS macrumors 65816

    Jul 10, 2008
    This is an apple product and prices are always pretty firm. Apple would rather hold on to any refurbished items to use them to replace other defective iPads. I would not expect to see any up for sale for a while yet and the price drop to be not more than $100 as said above. In short it isn't worth waiting for.
  5. nj-mac-user macrumors 6502


    Jun 1, 2009
    I barely have the patience to wait for the release of a new ipad 3G let alone a refurbished one. Besides, if I were going that route I'd rather get a new one on ebay a few months from now which will probably be around $50 below retail maybe possibly probably not.

Share This Page