Who's going to pay for upgrade discount?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by busterbluth, Jun 9, 2010.

?

Upgrade discount?

  1. Yes, I'm going to pay the extra 200 dollars

    7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No, Im gonna wait

    3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Dont know yet

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. busterbluth macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2008
    #1
    Apparently I have to wait till 7/30 for a standard discount, but can pay 399 for the upgrade discount price. Anyone else gonna pay the 200 dollars or are you going to wait?
     
  2. Clete2 macrumors 65816

    Clete2

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2008
    Location:
    USA
    #2
    I can upgrade on 12/27/10. Why didn't they let me upgrade early? I don't know. I called AT&T and they said that they couldn't tell me any more details, but what *639# told me is the only thing they can give me.

    So yeah, I'll pay the $200. If I upgrade in December, I won't be eligible for iPhone's 5th gen.
     
  3. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

    chrmjenkins

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Location:
    CA
    #3
    Yeah, same trap I don't want to be in. My wife and I are eating the 200 this time to be eligible next time. We paraded around on android a while before deciding to switch back.
     
  4. coasterswim macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2008
    #4
    Paying the $200. 2/2011 is too long to wait. My line (part of a family plan) only costs me about $54/mo (1400 anytime + A-List + Unlimited Messaging + Unlimited Data) which means I'm about $46/mo away from being able to upgrade every year. Since I am saving $552/year keeping a longer upgrade period, I am willing to hand over the $200.
     
  5. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2008
  6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #6
    I wouldn't pay the extra. I would simply wait until I was eligible or for the next iPhone.
     
  7. Clete2 macrumors 65816

    Clete2

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2008
    Location:
    USA
    #7
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this rationale. I don't like spending an extra $200, but I should at least be able to cover some of the cost by selling my 3GS.
     
  8. busterbluth thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2008
    #8
    Problem is I've abused my old iphone and it runs super slow. Its barely usable. I guess 1 month isn't that long...
     
  9. hcho3 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 13, 2010
    #9
    I would pay additional 200 dollars and get a new iphone. Next iphone will not change very much from iphone 4. It is very logical that next iphone will have 4G network and it will double the memory to 32/64GB. Other than that, I don't think there will be major update like this one.
     
  10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #10
    One month? No way would I pay $200 just so I could have it a month early.
     

Share This Page