Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Thread is almost 2 years old

However, to the person that originally bumped it. It is interesting to see what the actual price changes were over time, compared to what people thought it would be.

grahamnp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2008
Kinda disappointing that after two years prices have only dropped $200*. Sure, performance has increased but this is nowhere near the GB/$ improvement people were expecting.

* Comparing to market price, not Apple's upgrade prices.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Kinda disappointing that after two years prices have only dropped $200*. Sure, performance has increased but this is nowhere near the GB/$ improvement people were expecting.

* Comparing to market price, not Apple's upgrade prices.

heh. "upgrade" prices. nice one ;)

i think the dollar drop has been pathetic, to say the least. given the amount of exposure and sales they have had the price has hardly dropped.

i stand by what i originally said in this thread :p

altecXP

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2009
The product images kinda tell me this isn't a quality piece of hardware. I just thought it was funny that it costs more than over half of Apple's notebook line which, as we all know, is a premium price for a computer anyway.

It made me chuckle but the specs look good.

What does the image have to do with quality? It's going to be INSIDE your computer. It could be a blank black shell for all i care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.