Carrier Who's gonna try VZW Store on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JerTheGeek, Sep 9, 2016.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

hey all
    So I'm one of the many who wanted a 128GB Jet Black 7 Plus but got lost in the confusion. I was trying to figure out the trade-in offer and figure out which one I was getting; quite confusing.
    Anyway, I ended up with a Matte Black 7 Plus 128GB, supposedly shipping on the 23, order says still processing. I really wanted that Jet Black but more so, I'd like to get it on launch day. So, I'm planning on trying to get one at the VZW Store on launch day and then canceling the preorder if it doesn't deliver in time.
    Is anyone else gonna try to do this too? Also how is availability at the stores on launch day?

2. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

I am going on Launch Day with an Extra $50 Cash Actually Day before Launch Tipping Bribbing an employee $50 for Any Matte Black 128GB Model 7 Plus (which are back ordered 6+ weeks)

Thats my Plan

3. lupend88 macrumors 6502

lupend88

That's awful, I'd be so upset if I was in line fair and square to find out the last phone of my choice was given to someone via bribing. Just try to get there first and cross your fingers like the rest of us.

4. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Who has tried the Verizon store on launch day before? Is there a good chance I can get a 128GB Plus in matte black on launch day if I get there an hour or so before they open?

5. sophie_ macrumors newbie

sophie_

I think I might be trying this. As long as they still have the promotional deal.
    My order is est. Oct 19th :eek:

6. OceanMindedBoy macrumors regular

OceanMindedBoy

I made line for two years in a row 2013-2014 at my local Verizon store. They always have enough of the lower GBs of each color or enough non-plus (2014) for like 50-80 people. The Plus in new colors are always limited to around 5-10 of each color.

7. comptr macrumors 65816

Will Verizon Stores even get any 7+'s especially the 256 Jet Black ?

8. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Ok, so if I want a matte black 128GB I need to get there early. Maybe 2 hrs before....

9. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Anyone have a recommended time for getting to the store? Like are there people that camp out all night or is 2 hours or so good enough to have like less than 10 people in front of you?

10. puma1552 macrumors 601

Pretty sure if you show up the day before launch day and try to bribe whatever store gomer there is, they will either not take it, or take your $50 and be nowhere to be seen on launch day. Even if they were there on launch day, they wouldn't be able to hide an iPhone away for a bribing customer. Your mileage may vary, but I don't think your plan is going to work.

Anyway I'd try an Apple store long before I'd try a carrier store, this forum has borne out the fact in virtually every year past that the carrier stores get dick for stock, especially in higher capacities and in demand colors, often they get exactly 0 of them. I'd try my luck at the Apple store.