Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iMac' started by maestrokev, Aug 17, 2007.
Any buyer's remorse or still glad you got the faster cpu?
i'm still waiting for mine to come somewhere in netherlands?! But when it comes i will not regret my 2.8Ghz, you can never regret a mac, there too awesome. Plus all the bench marchs show a better result than was expects. I probably no app heavy enough to warrant a 2.8 but i am a numpty with eyes bigger than my wallet so nevermind.
I got one. Haven't had the chance to assess that. It had to go back the next day for screen issues and I won't get my replacement till Monday or Tuesday. I also did not have the chance to change the RAM from 1GB to 4GB though I did run Geekbench on it with 1GB. Early tests show that it is anywhere from 10-15% faster depending on task. Since I plan to use MTR & HB quite a bit as well as iMovie and eventually FCE HD, I felt the $250 was well worth it. I also plan to keep this machine for quite a while. 3 yr minimum, possibly up to 5.
I should be getting mine anytime between now and noon.
I'll be very happy with the upgrade. It's going to be 3.7x faster (geekbench) then my iMac right now.
remorse is quite a strong word for a CPU upgrade
I've got one and love it.
I had gone to the Apple Store the day that they were introduced, but they don't sell the 24" 2.8...so I had to order and wait. It only took a few days to get my system and well worth the wait.
I'm so glad that I didn't "settle" on the other 24" model.
You glad you didn't settle? I think the 2.8 consumers got cheated, except for the Ram and extra HD space. Paying extra for speed differentials that you won't notice. Your money though...
I got mine yesterday at noon, did a format and a zero out, clean install of mac osx and a software update today.
It's great, I love it. Tried Handbrake and I'm getting 40fps on H.264 2 pass and 70-80 fps on Xvid
Faster is faster. Guess what, if you keep taking 400mhz off of the CPU, eventually you'll reach 0mhz. Maybe you would be fine with that though.
mine will be here in a couple weeks...
(Click for larger)
the imac on the right should be going on my wall soon (b) keeping the other mac where it is right now
One has to justify one's relative poverty in rational, personally acceptable, terms...
YES! 0GHz has a reassuring budget/green aura about it!
I just got a MBP and a MB in the last 3-4 months but I want the bigger screen. Going to take 10days to get a 24" 2.8 delivered but I can pickup the 24" 2.4 at a local store tomorrow. Oh, what to do, itching to buy one. It's too bad Apple Canada is showing a 4-6wk shipping time for the bluetooth keyboard, that's the config I really want, but of course by then you're getting close to Leopard shipping territory ...
Geez, I ordered it last wednesday, hope to get it soon. 24" 2.8GHz, 750GB HD, wireless Mighty Mouse.
No Regrets on the 2.8 CPU
Right now I don't need it and would have been just as happy with the 2.4GHz but I had my last imac for just over 4 years and noticed the lack of CPU grunt towards the end.
Its not now that the 2.8 makes sense IMO its in 3 years time when that extra bit of grunt will allow you to upgrade to iLife12 and the 2.4 machines can't or it runs too slow to use properly.
Hopefully buying the 2.8 will make this imac last another 6-12 months and that is worth the money.
Edit: Also at some point you may be able to overclock on OSX and the c2e would be ideal for that ... could be looking at a 3GHz or faster machine depending on temp impact.
Wow, you mind turning down the DEFENSIVE knob down a little?
Yep, I'd be fine with it.
And, you could've made your point quite well without using the word "cheated". At least you've toned it down from a post in another thread where you used the very offensive word "suckered"!
My new iMac is still sitting in it's box.
I suspect this upgrade was a waste of money, but better safe than sorry.
Shame about the GPU...