Who's got the sweetest wireless setup?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bambeezer, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Bambeezer macrumors regular

I'm buying wireless equipment for my parents newly remodeled lake house. It's the least I can do for all the free food and drinks my friends and I enjoy there every summer. Plus I want to be able to have access in every room and patio.

What I've purchased is :apple: 2 Airport Express and :apple: 1 Airport Extreme BS. I plan to extend the wireless network with the AE and take advantage or airtunes by placing them behind the TV stereos. The AEBS will go in their study with a USB hub to connect an external hard drive for backups and a printer. They use windows PCs. :(

What are you doing to provide great wireless coverage and services? I'd like to give them a really sweet setup that will meet all their needs and give some cool features. :cool:

Let's hear about your cool setups so I can get some good ideas. :D

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

well for my apartment I've got a Time Capsule and a printer hidden away in my closet. Very conveinent.

3. dmarch macrumors regular

dmarch

I have an AEBS doing the routing and creating an "N" wireless network. I also have a separate "G" network handled by a Linksys WRT 54 GSX. Strangely, the "G" network reaches much farther than the "N". My home is just under 4,200 sq. ft. and you can pick up a strong wireless signal from anywhere in my house or yard.