Who's heading out tomorrow morning?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macdude2, Mar 21, 2011.

1. macdude2 macrumors member

Who is planning on heading down to their local Apple store tomorrow morning (Tuesday)? For those that have been going the past few days, have you noticed lines decreasing, staying the same, or increasing?

2. tuckrogers macrumors newbie

I'm gonna try go to my apple store in maryland tomorrow at like 7/730. I took the weekend off from searching for one, so i'm curious to see what it's gonna be like after the weekend

3. PurpleSauce macrumors newbie

i went for the first time today. the line was roughly 30 people, 75% scalpers. Apple employee was nice but said they unfortunately did not have a shipment come in so no ipads to sell.
    He told us we would have better luck trying tomorrow (tues 3/22). I spoke with some of the people in line, some said hel no! they were not coming out again, others said "yes, i'll be there, and i'll be there before you!" so i'm leaving tonight around 1:30. bringing a backpack with:
    • change of clothes
    • food
    • cards
    • my mbp
    • chargers
    • ipod
    • and lots of water bottles to hand out to the people in front of me. (get em goin to the bathroom and losing their spot :)
    oh and a beach chair

4. macdude2 thread starter macrumors member

Has anyone been able to confirm that their local store will actually be opening again at 9AM tomorrow? I forgot to call mine tonight to see if they are going to be opening early, but if everyone else's stores are I think there's a pretty good chance they will follow suit.

5. macdude2 thread starter macrumors member

6. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

i'm heading out to the garden state plaza in paramus tomo. Went tues to fri last week..hopefully att ipads will be available tomo!

7. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

Good luck, hope to read a post by you tomorrow that you got one :)

8. rnb2 macrumors regular

For what it's worth, Andy Ihnatko just tweeted that he heard that a lot of Apple Stores received a large shipment today, and that tomorrow would be a good day to try and grab one. No guarantees, but Andy is knowledgeable and well-connected, so it's worth a shot.

9. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

I'll be heading out tomorrow.

Just gonna head out at 8AM and wish me some luck!!! :D

But I'm looking for an ATT one soo.... :(

10. splitzkreen macrumors newbie

heading out to the Sherman Oaks, CA store at 6AM tom.... 4th time already.

11. Nagooya macrumors 6502

Nagooya

Me! I'll be in line by 5:00 am! I only want to wait in line once! :D

12. outphase macrumors 65816

For ***** and giggles, I tried my luck to see if an Apple Store would tell me if they did in fact receive an iPad shipment today for sale tomorrow. I asked "Was there a shipment of iPads today that would be put on sale tomorrow?" The response I got was "We don't know when we get shipments in." I replied "So you don't know if one came in today?" "We don't know when we get shipments in."

I let him know that he was deliberately avoiding my question.

13. PurpleSauce macrumors newbie

Thanks bro, if there's wifi I'll probably be updating on the spot. Or I'll just use my blackberry. I don't mind waiting as long is it is interesting or will make a good story

14. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

do you think the lines will be shorter this week? im thinking of getting there at 7am, but i dont know if thats too late...:(

15. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Good luck to all of you, but I'm going to sleep.

16. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

Exactly. I'm doing the same for the fourth and final time. If I don't get one tomorrow, after two close calls that I missed where one of them was when I left at 9:40 and they received shipments at 9:45 while I was 9th in line,... I think I'll commit suicide, Durka Durka style in the Apple Store and stain their perfect furnishings.:D the suicide part was sarcasm guys

17. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

please give updates if any are in line on the east coast!

18. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

I'm debating if I should get one now or wait until the bleeding issue is fixed. What are you peeps doing about this...? Wait or jump it and exchange it later..?

19. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm in line and roughly 30 people ahead of me. I came at 615!! This is crazy. Hopefully ihnatko was right...

20. macdude2 thread starter macrumors member

21. BadMoon macrumors 6502

I think I will be going out today for Hibachi. Hopefully the lines aren't too long (I'm hungry).

I will report back in as soon as I have accomplished this mission. It should be around Noon eastern time. :cool:

22. doandy09 macrumors member

went to target when it opened...5 white 64gb...not the one i wanted :(

23. joeyroo macrumors newbie

joeyroo

Went to the apple store in Lehigh valley this am. Was probably about 36th in line. They came out and started the ticket process. Today was the first day they had AT&T and WiFi (no Verizon). They ran out of AT&T about 2 in front of me which is frustrating because I want a 64gb one, but the wifi models cleared the rest of the line about another 20 deep and people were still walking up as I drove away and having success. Still frustrating that I was about 10 minutes too late to get what I wanted, I guess I will try again tomorrow. The line should in theory be shorter as I recognized the "AT&T" crowd from days prior and they got what they had been desperately seeking.

24. jennyfer macrumors member

25. splitzkreen macrumors newbie

In line at the Sherman Oaks mall about 6 peeps deep. Lo and behold! It's the same Asian group in front. Why am I not surprised?