Who's Holding Their 6s at a UPS CC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bkends35, Sep 24, 2015.

1. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

I just logged into the mychoice and selected to hold it at my local ups cc location. I've never done this before so I'm hoping it works. I looked at the tracking number and nothing has changed since I changed the delivery, I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

How many others are doing this?

2. crazyeyes macrumors regular

I set mine up to hold at the cc on tuesday and then yesterday it said something about delivery changed, so I chatted with ups today and they said that at the request of the shipper the delivery date was changed, but it was still 9/25 as it has been all along, but because of that change it cancelled my request to pick up my phone at the cc and was told if I change it to that now I will have to wait until saturday to pick it up so I'm not taking the chance and I am just going to wait for UPS to deliver it.

3. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

as long as you did it correctly and don't live in NY or philly, it is an awesome way to get your product early. Tip though, make sure that you are there BEFORE they open as there is a long long almost immediately from people doing business drops. The update to hold should reflect relatively soon but I have had it take till midnight to update. Make sure you bring a photo id that has the correct address on it.

I got my apple watch and a couple other high value items not apple related this way because the ups man sometimes doesn't come till around 7-8pm

4. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

I was going to change to pickup at the UPS store (1/4 mile away) but it was showing a date of Sept-28 so I canceled the change without completing it.

5. bkends35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bkends35

In WI, so not affected. Thanks for the tip on arriving early.

6. bkends35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Strange, mine said it'd be ready tomorrow at 8am.

7. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

The last thing I want is to cause an issue with my delivery. I'm having mine delivered to work so I can play with it ASAP without having to wait until after work to pick it up.

8. bkends35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bkends35

That's what I'm trying to do, sneak away from work for 20min to pick it up and play with it during the day.

9. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Set mine to hold since Monday. All is well. Pick it up at the CC at 10. Get to sleep in and not worry about missing the UPS guy and waiting all day.

10. bkends35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Actually the
    Does the delivery show up in the calendar in my choice? Mine did before I changed it and now it doesn't, so I'm assuming my request went through.

11. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I've done it the past two years and am having it held again this year. Last year I had to wait around 15-20 minutes or so. There were around 7-8 of us who held it. This year, the knowledge of the hold seems to be more widespread on this board, so I hope we don't have a 50 person line to wade through.

12. bkends35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Looks like mine did in fact go through! Phew, was sort of skeptical I didn't get any conformation.

Attached Files:

13. bkends35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bkends35

I'd imagine in the big cities the lines could potentially be big. Luckily I'm in a city of only about 40,000 so I don't think it'll be too bad.

14. crazyeyes macrumors regular

I am afraid to change mine now, cause when I was talking with the ups guy they said that if I change it now I will probably have to wait until saturday to go pick it up. Besides I now have directv scheduled to be installed tomorrow between 12-4 so I will be home anyway. The last package I got from ups they showed up around 12:30

15. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

When I got in and set it to be picked up at my local UPS CC, it just says a pickup date of 9/25. Anyone know if this means it'll be ready as soon as they open? I tried calling 800-PICK-UPS and the rep didn't know and wanted to direct me to some international shipping help since the package is coming from China. o_O I can try calling again I guess but wanted to get some thoughts from others on here. Thanks

16. Jman13 macrumors 68000

It's usually available when or shortly after they open, since the phone would be slated for regular delivery today. The hold just tells them when the sort comes in to set the package aside instead of sending it to the delivery truck.

17. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

It will give you a list of guaranteed pick up times, so you will know if it makes you wait till Saturday. make sure it is a customer center or whatever not a ups store

18. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

yes as long as you do it before tonight when they do sorting.

19. crazyeyes macrumors regular

Well, I just changed mine to be held again at the UPS center and it says available friday 9/25 so I think the guy I was chatting with didn't know what he was talking about, I think he was thinking if I chose a store to pick it up at not a customer center.

I will be at my customer center tomorrow morning around 9-9:30.