Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stinkypalm

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
I'm due to get my Verizon Iphone Monday. Now for the call to ATT to cancel service. The last call I made to cancel something was AOL that was a nightmare. Anyone out there care to give advice?:confused:

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Are you transferring your number? If so, you don't even have to call them to deliver the news. Let Verizon port your number... then its done. You can call them just to confirm you want to end your account, but there shouldn't be much hassle at that point.

If you have a separate number with Verizon, you will need to call and cancel. Just be friendly and firm. Even say up front your decision is already made and you'd like to save everyone's time and not hear about your option of staying with AT&T.

I wouldn't do any more than answer one question about why I'm switching... too many dropped calls or whatever. And after that still be friendly but let them know you're not interested in talking any further about it.

Stinkypalm

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
Yes, I already had a number with Verizon. Its a straight cancel with an ETF charge of 90 bucks if I calculated it right, Iphone 3GS bought in August 2009. Thanks for the reply's

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.