Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I see sooo many complaints on this board and although I know that people will generally complain over posting praise, I wonder if I just got really lucky or if I'm not seeing any issues. It's pretty disheartening at times to come here and read thread after thread of complaints, issues, negative feedback or opinions, etc,

• I have no issues with charging. I plug my phone in when in a dead sleep and it connects right away to charge
  • I have no wifi issues or connectivity issues. I had more issues with my 7+ disconnecting my LTE every now and again than I do with my Max
  • I admit my bars are listed slightly lower than on my 7+ but I know that bars don't mean anything. In a week and a half I've only had 1 issue with a call failed, but there is no way to know if it was my end or the other person
  • I have zero issues with the screen. I have True Tone turned off and love the color, brightness and clarity with no eye strain, headaches or any other complaints
  • Hell, I have zero issues with the cost and while it's added another ~$20 to my monthly cell phone bill, I knew what I was getting into when I purchased it. Apple is known to charge more for their products than other companies but I feel that I'm getting a better quality for my $$. If my extra few bucks means that Apple has the extra money to continue to innovate, improve and provide more products than they can gladly have my $$!

There may be others that say I am lucky and I'm not here to negate issues that others are having, but generally get a thread just to show that there are *hopefully* lots of others with zero problems at all!

I love my max, this is the phone I've been waiting on for years now and I regularly and greatly enjoy it every opportunity that I can without dealing with or looking for flaws.

Am I alone here?

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
XS Max and likewise haven’t seen any issues with it.

Like you, I do think cell reception hasn’t been AS good, but I’m not experiencing anything like the people on that thread are.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Max, and I haven’t had any issues.

Regarding cellular connectivity: I’ve put my phone in Field Test mode in numerous areas that I frequent. In all cases, the rsrp0 number, which I’ve read is the main figure that indicates whether I’m getting adequate signal strength, is poor at around -115. However, I’ve never dropped a call, lost a signal, or dropped from LTE to 3G or worse, and my download speeds are testing better (noticeably, but not radically) than my X in every area.

The screen is wonderful with TT either on or off, to my eye. No dead pixels, and uniformity is good.

The phone charges when connected even if the screen is off.

So far, so good.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I have the charging issue on my XS Max, but I’m not sure if “issue” is an appropriate way to categorize it.

If the phone is asleep and I plug it in in such a way that I don’t touch the screen or hit any of the buttons, it won’t start charging immediately.

The thing is, I don’t charge my phone like this. I’m usually using it, recognize that it needs to go on the charger, then I put it on and put it to sleep. I would have never noticed this behavior if it hadn’t been for all the screaming on the internet about it. And folks who are beta testing 12.1 say that it’s fixed in that version.

So, I guess I fall under the category of no issues.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
I don’t think my Max exhibits any issues like charging, reception, WiFi, or yellow uneven screen. And I’m not being generous on Apple since still not happy about the pricing.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.