Who's not upgrading to iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bwillard92, Aug 2, 2014.

?

Which iPhone will you be using over the 6?

1. iPhone 4s

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  2. iPhone 5

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. iPhone 5s

28 vote(s)
    57.1%
  4. iPhone 5c

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. bwillard92 macrumors newbie

I didn't see a thread about this so hopefully no one has already made one about this topic. Anyway who has decided to stay with their current iPhone and will not be getting a new iPhone 6? Since I just bought a Yellow iPhone 5c in January off contract I have decided I have no need to upgrade. I plan to get my money out of it and use it until it stops working.

Are you keeping your current phone when the new iPhone comes out and if yes why have you decided that?

2. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I just got a shiny new 5s with my new t-mobile service on Tuesday. I did enroll the Jump! Program though so I can upgrade if the iPhone 6 is a killer. As of right now I have no plans to upgrade though

3. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Hmm, let me make a decision about upgrading or not to a phone that doesn't exist yet.

Ask me again in September.

4. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

Agreed. Until I can see how the iPhone 6 feels will determine if I get it or the 5s. I orginally got the iPhone because I didn't like Evo and it's size, plus never liked the android OS.

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

6. joshkhaos1 macrumors 6502

I won't be right away at least. Partially because I don't have an upgrade anytime soon, and partial because I have a 5S and an iPad Air. If I do end up upgrading, it will be next year sometime and I'll pay full retail for it. I will still be excited about watching the keynote next month though!

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'll post back on my upgrade plans once I see what my options are, i.e., wait until the iPhone is released so I can compare my current phone and the new one.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Me thinks it is way to early for "some" people to decide if they are upgrading or not.

Just wait till the big event and see all the new features and new size. . . . Going to be hard to resist.

I am not even pretending I will resist. I will be snatching two the second I can get my paws on them:p

9. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

I currently use an iPhone 4S and I'm very happy with it. Bought it secondhand, but it was only used since october 2013 so the thing is like new. Although the iPhone 6 will probably be "much cooler" and "better", it has to beat the big advantage of my 4S: the very (very) low price.

Maybe Apple should slow my 4S down with iOS 8, it would make the decision much easier :rolleyes:

10. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I didn't plan to upgrade, but I may change my mind. Last time I did was because my iP4 stopped working correctly on calls, and I admired the 16:9 screen. I almost upgraded to the 5s last year, but knocked some sense into me when the hype cooled off. I would like to experience LTE speeds (currently using Verizon 5 on AT&T account), so if any reason, it will be for that.

But, if I do, I may wait until a jailbreak is available, because I prefer not to use vanilla iOS. Sent from my iPhone.

11. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I wouldn't put iOS8 onto a 4S, not unless you want to instantly turn it into an iPhone 4 running iOS7....

12. ColdShadow macrumors 6502a

ColdShadow

But we haven't even seen an iPhone 6 yet..how can one decide based on some rumors and imaginary graphic renders?

13. Teddysjam macrumors member

As of right now I'm still 50/50 I'm new to iphone just picked up the 5S (off eBay) a few weeks ago so all this is still new to me and enjoying the experience as of now. My upgrade on sprint is sept 1st but my contract doesn't run out till dec 31st thinking of going to verizon. I'm holding out to official announcement next month to see what the 6 will bring then I'll go from there also hate when new phones come out then it takes a few weeks for cases and etc to come out. But the 4.7" screen would be nice

14. Dezmond macrumors member

I got the iPhone5S a few months ago because I personally don't need a bigger phone.

15. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

I will wait tell iPhone 6S two come out then upgrade

16. cynics macrumors G4

Like in years past (every year to be exact) we are at the point where the leaks are exactly correct. I agree its best to wait until its announced and specs officially released however we have "seen" it.

17. ColdShadow macrumors 6502a

ColdShadow

I don't think these iPhone 6 leak images are from the final product.they just looks wrong.

however,IF the real product looks identical too leaks..(with those ugly bars at back)..then I WILL NOT buy it.:)

18. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I hope you're right. I'm not fond of those leaked images, but I do need to upgrade my 4S. Sadly, I think those leaks are real.

19. cynics macrumors G4

People have said that exact same thing every single year with leaks. I don't know if they went on and bought it or not though. I hope you are right and the leaks aren't accurate but even if they are we need to get the device in hand before we can truly say one way or the other.

I said the same thing as you with the iPhone 5. I didn't end up buying it obviously (see sig) but since then its grown on me and I actually really like the looks of it.

20. ColdShadow macrumors 6502a

ColdShadow

I need to upgrade my 4s too,it's laggy and slow nowadays on ios7.
    But let's hope those leaks are not final,because if they are,the iphone 6 will be the ugliest iphone ever.in that case I will consider either an iPhone 5s or more likely a Galaxy S5.
    I won't pay for an ugly design,no matter who makes it.

21. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Unless it looks a lot better than it does now, I'll stick who my 5. I'm in a contract until January 2015 anyway. Hopefully I can help my dad with getting the VZW BYOD discount on my line. If I decide to upgrade I'll probably be paying for the subsidy myself.

22. mobutt macrumors 6502

I just got a OnePlus One so it depends but I probably will be.

23. ColdShadow macrumors 6502a

ColdShadow

As far as I can remember,the original i5 leaks were just black bricks with no definition or color difference,and they were ugly,but the final i5 was so different,so much better than the leaks,and I love the design..
    The leaks were just accurate in terms of footprint and shape not the finnish.

24. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather