Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Me! 64GB and iOS5 have me giving up the jailbroken life, but just for a couple of weeks until the Pwnage tool is updated. I'll miss Iconoclasm layouts and MyWi tethering the most. SBSettings and 3GUnrestrictor are nice too.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Me! 64GB and iOS5 have me giving up the jailbroken life, but just for a couple of weeks until the Pwnage tool is updated. I'll miss Iconoclasm layouts and MyWi tethering the most. SBSettings and 3GUnrestrictor are nice too.

Passing on 4S. NO reason to upgrade from the 4, and get sucked into another 2 years. I'll wait til the 4G iphone comes out next year. As far as JB, when untethered is released, Ill put it on.

lorax3

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
I am. I got the 4 on launch day, jailbroke it as soon as I could. Paid an early upgrade fee and got a white 4S for $549. A $250 premium I am certainly willing to pay for have Apple's new hardware, and I will do the same for the 5.

Maybe it had something to do with Steve, but I love these products and wanted to show my support.

Will I jailbreak my 4s? Sure, when there is an untethered jb. There are already some things I dislike about iOS 5 I want to tweak. Like Newsstand, GO AWAY. You cannot put it into a folder, I have no interest in reading magazines on my phone. That is what an ipad/Macbook is for.

I plan on selling my 32GB iPhone 4 for $300 to help recoup my over $700 bill after AppleCare+ for my 4S.

Reikochan

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2011
USA
I won't be waiting. I'm slimply to excited about ios5 and 4s to wait on the jailbreak. I'll just have to wait it out!

malias4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Greece and Holland
i will stay on iphone4 and 4.3.3 jb even when ios5 comes, when ios5 gets unyethered jb then im ready to move on, but stil wont upgrade to 4s :)

mib2009

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I will stay with my Iphone 4 3.3 jailbroken, I can't give up on MYWI to tether to my Ipad. I can wait for a jailbreak, then I will update to IOS5.

lewys

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
London
i just rang my local orange shop and they have kept one behind for me tomorrow. but if i don't come in by 12 they will sell it to someone else.

i have an iPhone 4 now which i had on payg but i now have a sim only £15 a month contract that allows me to cancel after a months notice so i would sell the iPhone 4 for around £340 and pay the extra for an unlocked 4s

the only real upgrade for me is siri as the 8 megapixel doesn't interest me because i am a photographer and have a dslr for photos.

i can live without the jailbreak for a few weeks but the only thing that is putting me off is the lack of new stuff and that siri is a man in the uk.

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Got my 4S today. There is still a lot to jailbreak for. SBSettings, theming (LOCK SCREEN IS UGLY!!), tethering, iFile, biteSMS, etc..

That said, I will still be using my 4S. It is very very snappy. I was hoping for more RAM for more jailbreak goodness though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.