Who's ordered CS5 & Why?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Intel Inside, May 3, 2010.

1. Intel Inside macrumors 6502

I just ordered CS5 Design Standard, for £238 (student discounts are amazing). At the moment I've been using PSE 8 and InDesign CS4 trial, to create the first issue of our school's magazine.

The main reason i bought it is because it is my first Creative Suite product and I think all the software included will help make the future issues of my school's magazine even better! Also i consider design as one of my hobbies and this will keep me interested for quite a while.

What version/program did you buy and why? what was the compelling reason feature that made you spend your hard earnt cash?

Sorry for the long post :),

II

2. catfish743 macrumors 6502

catfish743

I'll be getting it hopefully, just not sure how.
    I wish I got a discount like that evne though I am a student.

3. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I'll probably the get CS5 premium. I downloaded PS5 this morning and all I can aboot content aware is :eek:. Deleting an area is like magic, the program literally knows what's "behind" it.

I'm not paying for it, so why not. :p

4. Intel Inside thread starter macrumors 6502

Why can't you get the student discount?

5. catfish743 macrumors 6502

catfish743

I wouldn't be upgrading from a current version per se. If you catch what I'm saying.

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

That is the price for the full version not an upgrade.

7. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

64-but support; and content-aware fill in Photoshop rocks.

Bought Design Premium CS5 upgrade from my CS4; apparently my academic serial number is upgradeable. As there is no academic upgrade version, I opted for the retail version. This version I can also resell (something you cannot do with the student and academic version).

9. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

anyone know if it's possible to upgrade the student discount version to the retail upgrade version? i've graduated a while ago, so i can't get the school discount on the cs5-dp like i did with cs4. reading through their terms and conditions it appears that it's possible, but i've read from several other sites that it's not.

i can't afford to pay full price for the suite at the moment, and probably won't be able to buy the cs5 upgrade either for a few months to come.

also would it be possible to upgrade a cs5 upgrade version with a cs6 upgrade version when that comes out?

10. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

I use CS4 at work and it's just fine for now. I don't see any reason to upgrade for a while.

11. splitpea macrumors 6502a

I'd be happy to stick with an older version, but I'm moving PPC to Intel, so have to buy CS5 (as I need it for my business).

12. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Estimated delivery date, Wednesday! :D

Just got CS4 at work and got a free upgrade to CS5.

13. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Just

Just about done installing the trial, then we will see...

I imagine this will be an update I get for at home, I can't imagine I would need to use any of the new features at work...

But who knows, like I said, we'll see!

Snap, JUST finished installing, I cant wait to see how this content aware works for me....

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You cannot upgrade from the student version to the full version; you would need to buy a full install license. Do note I did say I had the academic version which is a lot more expensive than the student version.

I would assuming you can upgrade from a previous upgrade version.

15. smetvid macrumors 6502

I will be buying CS5 master collection any day now. I am a college instructor so I get an awesome deal for the Master Collection. I would have been fine with Web Premium but I use After Effects all the time so I really have no choice but to buy the Master Collection.

16. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

We have CS3 here, but I'm thinking about upgrading the office to CS5. I didn't see a huge reason to jump to CS4, but I do for CS5 considering the amount of licenses I have to buy.

17. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I was hoping to get the free version upgrade to CS5 since I just got CS4 Education version. I will have to wait and see what my options are. If I can get the Upgraded version CS5 Student or if I can get a free upgrade. (btw) I missed the cutoff by one day:mad:

18. 7on macrumors 601

7on

We ordered around the beginning of March and we were able to get the CS5 Upgrade.

19. yaroldb macrumors 6502

Word on the street is.... it's out now.... ;)

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'll be getting it shortly. My works at Boston College doing some temp work, and she'll pick up a copy for me.

I'm on CS3 now, so its high time to upgrade.

21. SoCalRich macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

22. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    +1

Although we only need two licenses in our office, one for Design Premium and one for Production Premium, I couldn't justify spending money on CS4. But, some of the new features in CS5 (particularly Photoshop and Premiere), the comparatively better (but far from perfect) 64-bit support, and the sunsetting of CS3 finally forced my hand.

Although I fully intend to recycle our CS3 licenses, since the compatibility issues with Snow Leopard aren't enough to stop any but the most serious users from using it.

23. Intel Inside thread starter macrumors 6502

Ordered on sunday, 2nd May and my order is still pending... wonder when it will ship :confused: My proof of being a student was accepted and i got an e-mail about it, but nothing yet. Expected ship date - Sunday 9th May :confused:

24. khamla macrumors member

25. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You didn't get the download version?