Whos running Lion Golden Master on their 2011 iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Benz63amg, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

hey guys, like the title says, whos running the Lion golden master on their 2011 iMac? hows the performance? any issues, serious bugs?

2. Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

I am running it but we are unable to discuss it due to apples terms

3. Benz63amg thread starter macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

of course we can, people are discussing it all over the forum,

how is your experience? any issues?

4. uanuglyfool macrumors regular

uanuglyfool

So far so good. tho I have noticed a few issues with iTunes not letting me edit song info and Dropbox folder not giving me options to copy public link.

Something small I also noticed is when the computer is asleep, moving the BT mouse doesn't wake the iMac. You have to actually click the mouse, which I think is better because at times I hit the mouse by mistake. Dont think this was present in SL. I could be wrong.

EDIT: HAHA Ironically before I could finish submitting the post my iMac crashed for the first time! I hit space to preview movie clip on my desktop and see how responsive it was when it froze lol I had to hard boot it. Don't think its a serious bug maybe just a random crash.

5. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

6. sth macrumors 6502a

IMHO "random crashes" are a serious issue.

Just my $0.02.

7. R.OG macrumors regular

Running lion GM and its working great. The only problem i have is lion's new AFP DHX2 authentication which has rendered my Nas useless. There are workarounds for sharing files using AFP but none for time machine.

8. frontsidebus macrumors newbie

Just got a 27" 3.4 i7 w/ SSD. loaded up GM of Lion. 2 reasons I went back to snow leopard.

- can't access NAS
    - mouse driver (logitech control center) doesn't work

Once these 2 issues are resolved I will be back.

9. R.OG macrumors regular

Try this. It allows me access my shares but time machine is still useless.

10. nesafarm, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011

nesafarm macrumors newbie

Lion GM

Hi,
    I'm running it both on iMac mid 2011 and on macbook pro mid 2010 and I'm experiencing another issue (beside not waking screen with mouse movement, which is not necessarily a bug) with quicktime. Namely, if I run some movie from finder and quit QT, after opening a new movie by double clicking in finder, it opens both, the previous movie and current one. This behavior appears to be present on both machines. Occasionally, after that happens, QT becomes unresponsive. Namely, both movies are running fine, but QT won't respond to any command. Anybody else? :eek:
    Rgds,
    Nesha

11. ewartjohn11 macrumors newbie

I don't think it's really a bug cuz that happened to me in the dp 4 and i think it's because of Lion's whole Resume feature. And with QT it is very annoying....

12. trevolly macrumors member

You can get Logitech Control Center to work by downloading the file and then right clicking on the installer - choose show package contents - contents - resources and then run the "LogitechControlCenter.mpkg" file from there :)

13. nesafarm macrumors newbie

Lion GM

Here is how it looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSU5n-dYkzE
    If this is not a bug, then I'm not sure what is... Yes, I understand resume feature of Lion, but I stopped previous movies and I don't want them to run again. Yet it opens all previous opened and stopped movies.
    Rgds,
    Nesha

14. nesafarm macrumors newbie

I forgot to mention, same things happened to Pages also. I mean it is somewhat, well, to put it mildly - not well thought concept coming from Apple in this case. Namely, I understand if I restart iMac&macbook to resume afterwards, but I don't want to resume something I'm finished with. And yes, in case of QT it is quite annoying.
    Rgds,
    Nesha

15. Neous macrumors member

Neous

Thanks I have a synology NAS that I'd to have access to when i move our machines to Lion

16. imahawki macrumors 6502a

I installed it an had a couple hours to play with it before leaving for a week-long business trip. I'll dig in a little bit more this weekend. I noticed, like others, that I have to click my magic trackpad instead of just swiping to wake up the machine.

17. Terrified macrumors regular

18. portishead macrumors 65816

same here. It's not working until they release 3.2 DSM

19. Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

Ok well if you obey apples terms we can't discuss it.

But since we aren't, mine runs fine only problem I have is appfresh crashes. Time capsule works great I have a 2011 iMac high end 21 inch

20. R.OG macrumors regular

No problem, it looks like i'm going to stick with Snow Leopard till a new firmware for my NAS is released.

21. McOtis macrumors newbie

Same Issue

I've had this exact same issue! Very frustrating!