Whos scratched the back then?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hudzilla, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Well, im not happy, whilst getting ready for work this morning, i put the iPhone into a pouch i used for my 1st gen iPhone, and heard a heart stopping scratch noise, took the iPhone out, and low and behold, some slight scratches just at the bottom, where the text is!!!

Not too noticable but annoying none the less.

Anyone else ?

2. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I have white iPhone and no scratches yet or anything I can see.

3. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Same.

If I have scratched it, I can't see anything on it, therefore, in my mind;

'Out of sight, out of mind'

So glad I managed to nab a white one. :cool:

R-Fly

4. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

What did you have in your pocket? Keys? Scalpel?!

The plastic is a very hard one, and it will be difficult to scratch. Probably somewhere in between the old iPhone and the iPod Touch in terms of scratch resistance.

Sorry to hear you already scratched it. I'm undecided whether to install an invisible shield or not.

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Speaking as an early-adopter, just drop the iPhone a couple times and you'll soon forget about the little scratches. :D

The 1st gen is damn slippery at the most inopportune moments.

6. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Well he was saying he was trying to use a "pouch" from the original iPhone so it's possible he was trying to put the bulkier iPhone in there and the back part of the iPhone got scratched on the thinner "pouch". That is, if the "pouch" was a hard plastic thing. If it was a "pouch" in the sense that it was a soft holder... I have no clue.

7. twynne macrumors 6502a

Just a thought, but applying a film-type protector might hide the scratches if they're fairly minor. Failing that I suppose any case will hide them.

8. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

I am very particular about keeping my phone nice, and have been very cautious with mine, but already I can see a couple of tiny marks on it. Both on the chrome bezel, and on the rear surface.

Have to say, it doesn't bode well for the long term durability of the handset. :(

Got an invisibleshield on order, so here's hoping that helps a bit.

9. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I have 2 very small scratches on the Apple logo on the back. Not sure how they got there as I only put my phone down very gently, but not a huge deal anyway. I imagine it will get much more scratched overtime, but at least with the white it wont show too bad......gives the phone character :cool:

10. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I don't know about that last bit, but the first part sounds like what I've experienced. ;)

Anyway, I've got two InvisibleShield backs pre-ordered, so until they get here I'm just trying to be careful.

11. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Just like with the previous generation, the chrome trim will scratch easily with or without a case. It's inevitable so just except them and move on. It's a phone and it's meant to be used, not babied.

My previous phone was used without a case for the last several months and it had as many scratches on the chrome as it did while I had it in a case, in other words, it didn't scratch very much more if any. I sold it on Saturday for $280.

12. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

You heathen!! :rolleyes:

I'm loathe to stick it in one of those silicon type cases, as the slightest bit of dirt trapped in it is just going to act like sandpaper.

Also hearing reports that the new invisibleshield doesn't actually cover the chrome bezel very well, so might not actually prove that good.

Oh, what to do............:confused: