Who's standing in line for a plus?

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
I'm second in line at my nearest AT&T corporate retail location. They told me that they're only guaranteed a limited number of pluses in the morning, but I cancelled my online order and reclaimed my upgrade. Now I'm sitting out here typing this on my laptop. Anyone sitting on the forum while in line? Where and what phone model?

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
I'm second in line at my nearest AT&T corporate retail location. They told me that they're only guaranteed a limited number of pluses in the morning, but I cancelled my online order and reclaimed my upgrade. Now I'm sitting out here typing this on my laptop. Anyone sitting on the forum while in line? Where and what phone model?
They got their initial inventory earlier today. They know what they have. They are effin with you already. :eek:

Most ATT stores got about 5-10 6+ it seems. But the 128GB is even more rare. My local store got no 128's.

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
They got their initial inventory earlier today. They know what they have. They are effin with you already. :eek:

Most ATT stores got about 5-10 6+ it seems. But the 128GB is even more rare. My local store got no 128's.
Sorry, I guess there was a bit of mixup in my wording, lol. What I meant was, they told me in the morning that they're only guaranteed a limited number of Pluses.

I don't know if to go for 16 or 64 though. With the steep drop in iCloud prices, my initial order was for a 16GB but now that I have the option to reconsider, I'm not sure. They only thing keeping me away from the 64 being the higher monthly payments with next that'll add up to an extra 100 dollars for storage I'm not even sure I'll use.

Thoughts?

modernmoments

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2012
I am. Fourth in line. Two people getting the plus, one getting the 6. Talked to an off duty employee of the store holding a spot for his sister. They only have 10 pluses. Nine gold, one silver. Luckily, the silver is a storage size they don't want so it's mine!

Gaprofitt

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009
I am about 10th in line at my nearby corporate att store. Im shooting for a 64 gb plus or 128 or ill take a 64 or 128 6 model. What are my odds? Atlanta suburbs.

AFDoc

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Only about 20 others making the same exact thread... that's all.

miamihacker

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Miami
I'm in line at a AT&T store also . I'm probably #10 or so. I was hoping for a plus but if theres none I'm hoping for a ip6 64gb. Btw in what store are you making the line?

aevelasquez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Miami, FL
I am about 10th in line at my nearby corporate att store. Im shooting for a 64 gb plus or 128 or ill take a 64 or 128 6 model. What are my odds? Atlanta suburbs.
I'm sure you're good for the six, and from what I've read from other people, you might just make the cut for the Plus, especially if the 9 in front of you don't all get one.

DMP87

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2013
Currently the 9th the car inline.

They have it pretty organized. I think I might be in the 10-20 range as far as ppl go. There are multiple ppl In cars so no telling whose here for what. I think my chances are good tho.

TJEPP

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Yeah I am posting from my comfortable bed here in Phoenix AZ, got my iphone 6/ 64GB iphone being shipped to me in the morning :) I am sure you are pretty comfortable thought too;)

joshmv

macrumors member
May 14, 2007
Just drove by my local Apple store in Overland Park, KS out of curiosity and was surprised how many people were there. I'd estimate at least 75, but it was hard to tell because of the tents.

I drove by the Verizon store a block away and there was one lonely guy sitting out front.

trojanfan80

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
Got to AT&T at 1am. I'm 10th in line, 5th person for a plus. Rumor says this store only has 3. AAAHHHHHH!!

Stlcheer

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
Sitting at Verizon with my mom to try to get her a plus. 5th in line and only one person ahead of us wants the plus. Just got in line about 5 minutes ago.

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
I'm here at the ATT store and #3 in line. Everyone is wanting the 6 Plus. Hoping to get gold 64/128, either is fine with me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.