Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
I wonder who is. Me, I will because the GM is very slow for my phone.

That game really won't stick this time around. Only people who didn't upgrade to iOS 7 were those who loved the look of iOS 6 (like myself). iOS 8 is the same look as 7, but greatly improved.

Dan70

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
England
iOS8 is a free update, I understand if you didn't from iOS6 to iOS7 because it was a completely new direction Apple took but iOS8 is just a really powerful and overall better OS than iOS7 so it makes no sense to stop updating.

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
I am at least for another week in the hopes that they fix what's still broken in the GM. It's a very poor GM IMO and tuly hope they fix it before next Wednesday.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
I hope you're right my friend cause it's hurtin'. Unfortunately, the Golden Master usually IS the version that 'ships' but i'm hoping not in this case. I really really am. lol.

what do you feel is broken? Everything is flawless for me on my iPhone 5 and Mini. Getting phone calls and SMS Text on my Mini is fantastic. iOS 8 is the way to go especially considering it's free.

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
what do you feel is broken? Everything is flawless for me on my iPhone 5 and Mini. Getting phone calls and SMS Text on my Mini is fantastic. iOS 8 is the way to go especially considering it's free.

It's just sloppy. Incredibly sloppy and broken.

-Scrolling is not smooth really anywhere expect for twitter and the browser though not always for the latter.
-My gps keeps randomly turning on and off even though my setting are exactly the same as os 7.1.3.
-Sometimes when hitting home button to get out of an app the app switcher flashes for a split second then disappears and I'm STILL in my app, which is crazy!
-When my phone is locked and I hit the home button, sometimes but not always, there's a half a second lag till the display lights up, like, wtf???
-The automatic dimming doesn't seem to work properly. Sometimes it'll dim right away and other times it won't dim at all.
-There's a constant lag on the home screen quick reply and I DESPISE lag when typing.
...I can go on if you'd like.

The os is simply just not done. Just like the atrocious iPhone 6 design and it's goofy iPhone 6 Plus name like it's some kind of a plus sized model lol, nothing is done properly on this release. Everything is half-assed even the one-handed mode which is a joke.

5s still the greatest iphone ever made. And will be for another year.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
It's just sloppy. Incredibly sloppy and broken.

-Scrolling is not smooth really anywhere expect for twitter and the browser though not always for the latter.
-My gps keeps randomly turning on and off even though my setting are exactly the same as os 7.1.3.
-Sometimes when hitting home button to get out of an app the app switcher flashes for a split second then disappears and I'm STILL in my app, which is crazy!
-When my phone is locked and I hit the home button, sometimes but not always, there's a half a second lag till the display lights up, like, wtf???
-The automatic dimming doesn't seem to work properly. Sometimes it'll dim right away and other times it won't dim at all.
-There's a constant lag on the home screen quick reply and I DESPISE lag when typing.
...I can go on if you'd like.

The os is simply just not done. Just like the atrocious iPhone 6 design and it's goofy iPhone 6 Plus name like it's some kind of a plus sized model lol, nothing is done properly on this release. Everything is half-assed even the one-handed mode which is a joke.

5s still the greatest iphone ever made. And will be for another year.

Did you do an upgrade or restore and setup as new?

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
Yes, I have an iPhone 4S.
And tbh, I'm happy with it running iOS 7, jail broken infact.
I need to restore it before the 17th and rejailbreak, or I'll try semirestore and see if that works
Thanks for the comments. and, I'd only update if iOS 8 would have some speed enhancements. Maybe I'll update when there's a jailbreak; who knows.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Gonna just bite the bullet and deal with the growing pains.

I also decided to completely wipe my phone and start fresh. Certain things like syncing with iTunes are already much faster.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

Not having this issue on either iPhone 5s I've updated. There is some lag on my 1st gen iPad mini though.

Haven't had any of these issues either. Although Siri did randomly activate on my iPad mini. I don't believe I have the new voice activated function enabled either.

I had one instance last night when I turned the brightness all the way down and when I checked again it was slightly higher. I don't think its a big deal because the auto brightness function seems to work fine otherwise.

Quick reply is working fine with no noticeable lag while typing on both iPhones.

Did you do a clean install or an upgrade?

----------

Restored via iTunes both the gm and my files.

Do the issues still present themselves when you DON'T restore your backup?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.