Who's Sticking With 3GS Until iPhone 4 Issues Clear?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alchematron, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

Curious if you plan to delay your iPhone 4 purchase until the issues clear

And stick with your 3GS?

2. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Not me - keep in mind that for the most part, these "issues" are over-hyped by the OCD early-adopter community.

3. theone09 macrumors regular

Nope. I got one today, could not hold on to it

4. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

It's seems to me like first reply correct. This is way overhyped. I'm a Rightt that holds the phone with my left hand the majority of the time and I have yet to experience any problems.

I hear alot that you have to hold it really firm for it to start losing service. And at a certain spot. Both can be avoided If you simply dont try and man handle your phone. I didn't have any problems even before I knew the problem existed.

So it's not just something that will always happen if you don't go looking for it you prob won't ever have an issue

5. JCCL macrumors 6502a

I am, had asked a friend to buy me one from UK and send it to me, and my 3GS was in my country's eBay. However I have pulled the ad and asked my friend not to buy anything until I know WTF is going on. After Steve's reply, I think I'll stick with my 3GS for a while.

6. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

dont bother these issues are blown out of proportion. phone is fantastic. I originally saw zero issues with the iPhone 4 I got my girlfriend today. However I figured id really try to cause the reception one. held both black bands tightly bridging both sides and yes the bars dropped but slowly and came right back quick. I cant see myself doing that well just "holding" the phone casually. I remember when I had my original 2g id have worse service cause my hand would go over the entire black antenna sheild. but I mean id just adjust my hand and it would be fine.

phone is amazing. dont punish yourself cause of nitpickers on the internet.