iPad mini Who's still rocking the Mini 1gen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vinny3101, Oct 22, 2014.

1. vinny3101 macrumors member

2. nrweaver macrumors member

Mine works fine on 8.1, nothing worth upgrading to as of now.

3. melman101 macrumors 68030

My wife is still rocking the mini 1. Definitely not worth her to upgrade to the mini 3 so I think she'll wait till next year. I would hate to buy year old tech.

4. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Still a great device, but I honestly wouldn't pick one up today...Apple should probably discontinue it.

5. 2002jd2b macrumors newbie

I've enjoyed mine since the day it was released, but noticed that its performance has slowed down substantially over the last 6 months or so. I decided to upgrade to the iPad Air 2. I'm excited--I had the original iPad from 4 years ago (long since retired after I got the Mini).

6. vinny3101 thread starter macrumors member

Me too! I'll upgrade to the Mini 4. The Mini 3 is pointless. All they did was add Touch ID.

7. Daki macrumors newbie

Daki

I still have one as well. 8.1 performance is a little bit improved over 8.02, but still a little lag typing. I want to get a new one, but cannot quite convince myself to do so.

I love the size of the mini and not sure I want to switch to an air, even thought it is the logical choice. I'd rather get another mini but may wait until the mini 4. Mine still works just fine and has the same functionality it did before.

8. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Using it but my eyes hate it because everything else I have is retina.

So the mini 1 works as the house toilet ipad. Better than nothing, and it stays right there. Like an old magazine. But waaaay more high Tech!:D

BTW....is it worth upgrading to 8.1? I'm still in the 7.xx range with the old girl. Think I'd notice a diff?