Who's up for a challenge ? (Install an old PC game on an Ipad2)

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by iSilver, Dec 17, 2011.

1. iSilver macrumors newbie

Hello folks,

I've been on this for a few days and I have to admit me defeat and ask for some help.

Here is the plan :

I want to play my very old and favorite game on my not jailbroken Ipad 2. The game is Lords of the Realm II. I got this newer version of the game, that can be found on gog.com, but I also have the original CD... somewhere...

Here is what I tried in the last few days :

I found no Apple App that would allow me to install the game directly on the Ipad2, so instead, I tried to go with a Remote : I installed Splashtop but was confronted to another problem : you HAVE to run the game in windowed mode to play it trough Splashtop, and that also seems to be impossible!! I tried many application that were supposed to Force the windowed mode on LotR2, but no success ! The game won't bend!

So here I am looking for other options than installing a virtual PC only to run the game in a window, so that I can access it remotely ! It kinda gets absurd!!

I also tried dosbox, but it did not work either...

any ideas ?

I think I would be ready to offer a prize for a step by step working and legal solution ! (would that break any of the forums rule you think?)

Many thanks for your time!

Cheers!

2. ericlin0122 macrumors member

Right click the game icon, select properties. In the "Target" text field, go to the end of the line, enter space and then -w

3. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

You could try the teamviewer app from the app store. theres a free version and a version that costs 140$, take your pick. I believe it was designed for biewing games on your pc from your device, not sure though as i have never tried it, im bot even sure what the big difference is between the free and $140 one.

4. iSilver thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello there!

Thanks, but not working :( ... I failed to mention that I already tried that...

----------

I'll have a look!