Who's up for a touch bezel or touch screen on the MBP's?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by niuniu, Feb 7, 2010.

?

Touch on the MBPs?

1. Yes for touch screen and bezel

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. Yes for whole touch screen

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Yes for touch bezel

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Really don't want touch on an MBP at all

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Personally I think t'd be great to have that black area around the side of the MBP's as a programmable touch area.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

This comes up a lot. Nobody cares about it anymore.

3. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

As long as the screen doesn't fold in a tablet-like way, I think the fingerprints don't justify feature.

I'd love to be able to use my mac as a table though.

4. enberg macrumors regular

Really, touchscreening a laptop would be an ergonomic nightmare. Maybe if it folded up like the Lenovo X tablet, but I doubt Apple would consider that.

5. Spandexman macrumors regular

Can't think of a single situation I'd like to use a touch screen on a laptop. When you jabbed at it, either it'd push back to make the screen angle wrong, or you'd just be pushing it against it's stopping point. In both cases it'd wobble horribly. Really can't see that adding a several hundred pound feature to a laptop for no benefit would be a good choice.

6. smithmax13 macrumors member

What would you want to do with a touch screen that you can't do with a multi-touch trackpad?

I'm against it because I don't want to have to move my hands from the keyboard to the screen constantly.

7. iKay macrumors newbie

I think, with the announcement of the iPad, we can see the direction Apple are headed in with touch devices: Give it a custom OS, do away with multitasking & charge way too much for it.

Maybe one day this could happen but it would likely be a very costly add-on available during order or a new product line altogether.

That said I wouldn't complain if my MacBook Pro sported a touch screen but I doubt that I would get much use out of it unless the screen could fold. Otherwise I would be worried that I'd break the screen.