Who's Using My WiFi?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by E Male, Nov 25, 2010.

1. E Male macrumors member

I have a 1TB Time Capsule set up and recently shared my password with a neighbor so that she could access the internet. Is there any way I can check to see if others are using my WiFi and if so how can I disable them without changing my password?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Look through your routers settings and there should be a place which shows you all of the currently connected devices and their assigned IP's. That will let you know if anyone other than you or your neighbor are on it.

You can do some mac address filtering and only allow your devices and the neighbors if you want.

Or my recommendation, revoke your neighbors privileges and change your password to a pseudo-random 63 character one with WPA2 encryption and never give it out again.

3. E Male thread starter macrumors member

Do I use airport utility for that? I opened airport utility but I did see anywhere that it showed what IP addresses were being used.

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

It's not in any of the tabs. It's actually a menu item. I believe you select Advanced > Logs and Statistics

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

When you open AirPort Utility, go to the top menu as shown below and select Logs and Statistics.

[​IMG]

From there you can see all the wireless clients by their mac address. This only shows you devices that are currently connected. The blacked out mac address is my iPhone 3GS.

[​IMG]

On the next tab you can see the DHCP Client leases that have been recently granted. I again blacked out my mac addresses.

[​IMG]

6. SulTaaN macrumors newbie

Same problem bt in Mountain Lion ! pls help

I wish to check who's using my wifi hotspot.
    WPA2 Personel password not working.
    i can only use it without using any password.
    pls help.:confused:
    iMac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 DP2:apple:

7. William.Mantle macrumors 6502