Who's waiting for Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kepardue, Jan 6, 2009.

1. kepardue macrumors 6502

Presumably (and yes I realize that's dangerous), Snow Leopard will replace Leopard in the Mac Package that comes with iLife, iWork, and Leopard.

Who's waiting for Snow Leopard to make it's reveal at some point in the future (probably middle-to-late of the year at the latest?) before upgrading iLife and iWork? iWork doesn't necessarily seem like that big of an upgrade, but the new organization tools in iPhoto and iMovie, wow.

2. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

This was actually my first thought when I saw the 3 (Leopard, iLife and iWork) bundled together.

Should I get it now, or wait and see if once Snow Leopard comes out, if it will be subbed into the bundle?

I'll be waiting for Snow Leopard. ^_^

3. sal macrumors 6502

i'll buy iwork, ilife only if it comes bundled with snowleopard

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I doubt 10.6 will replace 10.5 in the Box Set as soon as it's released.

Probably when the next iLife and iWork come out.

5. kepardue thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

Agreed. I think the rest of you are missing the point of the bundle. It is aimed at people who are still running Tiger or Jaguar on older machines. By upgrading the largest percentage of it's user base to the most recent OS, Apple allows itself to have to support and test a lot less old code and focus on it's current and next OS.

IF Snow Leopard becomes part of the bundle, I would expect it to be next MW at the earliest. Even then, it would only be a few month old, so....

7. Ramashalanka macrumors regular

So, effectively they'd still be promoting Leopard when it's no longer the current OS. I'd bet 10.6 goes into the box set straight away. I may be wrong, we will see...

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I'm going to wait and see when Snow Leopard is going to be released and if it will be included in the box set before I take the plunge and get iLife '09.

One thing you can be sure of, as soon as Snow Leopard is released Apple will not sell the box set with Leopard. They will either replace it with Snow Leopard or stop selling the box set.