Who's waiting for the Canon 400D/ Rebel XTi replacement?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by macmike47, Jan 2, 2008.

1. macmike47 macrumors regular

Hey, just wondering who else is waiting for Canon's 450D (or whatever it might be called). I'm assuming it'll appear at PMA in a few weeks... After all, it will have been 16 months or so since the 400D first came out.

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Considering I have a 400D, no, but I'm always eager to see what's new in the newest models. Realistically though, I can't imagine there will be too much new in the new model. Hopefully they'll slightly improve the ergonomics of the grip. I guess live view is all the rage, along with bigger LCDs. I can't imagine anything other than an incremental change though.

3. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

4. Schnebar macrumors 6502

I am.

I almost got a Xti for christmas but I have that problem where I always have to have the newest technology. (iMacs, iPods ect...)

So I told my parents that I want a camera for christmas but not to buy it yet.

So I am waiting for this 450D.

It just makes me feel better if I know that my product will not be outdated in two months. And now I will have the top of the line rebel for 18 months.

It also helped that I am in no rush to get a camera.

5. SonicChronicler macrumors member

SonicChronicler

...and in the meantime you've jut missed loads of great photo opportunities.

It's nice to have the newest thing, but it's never 'newest' for long - so you might as well take the plunge and enjoy it instead of waiting. IMHO

Sonic

6. Schnebar macrumors 6502

Well I have never been interested in photography before so I am not taking pictures with some horrible camera atm while I could have had a rebel.

I have a full plate with college apps and the end of the semester so I doubt I would have that much time to take pictures anyway.

But I will see.

Next semester I am taking a photography class and if the new rebels are not out at the show I might not wait.

It is not killing me that much to wait because I have never had a camera so I do not know what I am missing.

Waiting for new mac products on the other hand is hard.

7. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

Was going to wait, until someone asked, what does the XTi not do, that I need. Thinking of pretty much nothing, I bought it for xmas at B&H. I also got the Canon 18-55mm IS lens, it is sweet :D

Buy now, the prices are great ~$530 for the body, the replacement will likely be ~$699+

8. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Most likely that photography class you are taking will be with a film camera, and black & white. Many schools are still teaching darkroom as well. I do know a few colleges have gone digital but still teach the basics in film.

9. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

I'm not waiting for the XTi replacement. Now the K10D replacement on the other hand.....

SLC

10. Schnebar macrumors 6502

Yeah sadly it is just a high school class. (I am a senior)

And it is mostly about learning about shutter speed and aperture and editing on photoshop I think.

The school has a bunch of old digital cameras but the teacher told me that most kids use their own dslrs.

I can always use my moms Nikon D80 if I needed to.

11. MT37 macrumors regular

MT37

This is what I'm waiting for.

12. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

I'm waiting for a 1D mark IV, which would theoretically put the mkII and mkIIN in the $800-$1500, allowing me to finally upgrade from my 4MP 1D mkI and rid myself of its noise issues.