Who's Waiting for the iPads to Arrive Before Deciding?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by darkarn, Oct 31, 2018.

  1. darkarn macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2017
    Location:
    Singapore
    #1
    I am doing so cos on paper the new iPads are what I need but I really want to do some hands-on testing within the 14 days before making a firm decision

    Of course this gives me the risk of not being able to sell my 2017 iPad Pro off for a better profit but I just can't seem to justify to myself without proper testing. I hope I am thinking this through correctly!

    Anyone else thinking so too?
     
  2. Beards macrumors 6502a

    Beards

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2014
    Location:
    Derbyshire UK
    #2
    Not me... I’ll just wade in and order one, one I figure out which storage model to choose.
    If they supported external hard drives it would make the choice much easier.
     
  3. darkarn thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2017
    Location:
    Singapore
    #3
    I agree about the external hard drives part; even with jailbreak the iPad can only read any files to and from a HFS+ formatted storage device, which bummed me greatly. Had it been able to do this with more filesystem types, it will make going for higher capacity worthwhile since I can use the iPad as a storage device too like how I do it for my Android phone sometimes

    And yes I am quite tempted to just sell off and go for it too to be honest!
     
  4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

    sonicrobby

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2013
    Location:
    New Orleans
    #4
    After owning the 12.9", 9.7" and the 7.9", the smallest one ended up being the best fit for me. But with no refresh, Im going to have to go in person to play with the two new sizes to see if I will even buy one.
     
  5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

    Newtons Apple

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2014
    Location:
    Jacksonville, Florida
    #5
    I could not wait and mine is on order. Should not be a problem as I think Apple will have plenty.
     
  6. darkarn thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2017
    Location:
    Singapore
    #6
    Hope it will be the one you want now that Apple is really stubborn of not making an iPad Mini 5

    I will be surprised if they are sold out at that price point
     
  7. Beards macrumors 6502a

    Beards

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2014
    Location:
    Derbyshire UK
    #7
    I would hope so... However, the wait time for me if ordered today for a UK shipment is the 21st Nov.
     
  8. elkaboing macrumors newbie

    elkaboing

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2016
    Location:
    Chicago
    #8
    Does Apple wait until launch day to put the new display models out in-store? Wondering when we’ll have a chance to check them out in person.
     
  9. redman042 macrumors 68030

    redman042

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2008
    #9
    Yes, always.
     
  10. rdowty macrumors 6502a

    rdowty

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2008
    #10
    I've never been a fan of the 12.9" but with the new smaller thinner design I'm going have to see them in person before I'll know which I prefer. I've been keeping up with the reviews and change my mind about every 12 hours as to which one I'd get if I had to decide right now. Unfortunately by the time I see one in person I may not be able to get one for a month. It's too bad they can't do a keynote, at the same time have them on display in the stores, then open the pre-orders later in the night. That would probably eliminate a lot of cancellations and returns. For the iPad its the size and weight, for some other items it could be the colors but some things are best judged in person.
     
  11. chfilm macrumors 68000

    chfilm

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    Location:
    Germany
    #11
    THIS!
     
  12. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2003
    Location:
    SF Bay area
    #12
    I have the first gen 12.9” model. The new A12x is awesome. I’ll wait till I can see them as I can’t decide between the 12.9 and 11” versions.
     
  13. cibonak macrumors 6502

    cibonak

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2014
    Location:
    Montreal
    #13
    same here and also waiting for the reviews
     
  14. iapplelove macrumors 601

    iapplelove

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2011
    Location:
    East Coast USA
    #14
    I didn’t order but I know what I’m buying.

    12.9” 64gb grey WiFi
     
  15. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2011
    #15
    lol your avatar is those of us unsure of size and storage size...i CAN'T DECIDE
     
  16. gatorknight904 macrumors 6502a

    gatorknight904

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2011
    Location:
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    #16
    I wasn't going to upgrade from the 10.5" Pro and still may not.

    Because I can't help myself and I am intrigued by the overall smaller size...I did order a 12.9" 256GB LTE Space Gray from Best Buy using AT&T Next. Since I only had to pay the taxes upfront...why not? :confused: lol I plan to go to the store on the 7th and check them out before making my final decision on the 9th. That is when the pick up is scheduled....

    If I keep it, the wife will get the 10.5" pro, the oldest child will get my wife's 9.7" pro, and the youngest will get the Mini 3...
     

Share This Page

15 October 31, 2018